Watford

VillaChris

On 26/07/2020 at 23:09, Zatman said:

that Deeney interview just wow, its as bad as the Lescott pressure off interview. It was all about him nothing about Watford

You can take the boy out of Chelmsley, but.... (NSFW)

Edited by mottaloo

On 27/07/2020 at 09:06, The Fun Factory said:

Norwich have had one decent season in about five years. They didn't invest and never looked close to staying up. Last year they just got lucky and had a good run. 

I just can't see Watford bouncing straight back up either- but frankly who cares!

Norwich had the surprise element last time with Pukki coming from nowhere to score billions of goals. They will also lose a whole load of creativity if Buendia, Cantwell and one of the full backs go.

Will probably be in the mix for play offs but it was a surprise promotion last time and people underestimate the sheer number of games they've lost this season so will take time to get over. They only got I think 4 more points than our vintage class of 15/16 and it took six months for us to learn how to consistantly win again despite signing half of the division.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, useless said:

Appointing Vladimir Ivić as their new manager, his only previous experience has been managing PAOK and Maccabi Tel Aviv.

I give him less than 12 matches before he's looking for a new job. 

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Appointing Vladimir Ivić as their new manager, his only previous experience has been managing PAOK and Maccabi Tel Aviv.

Thank the lord we stayed up and they did not. What a spiral of doom. 

small heath, Bournemouth, Bristol City, Huddersfield and Watford have all appointed new managers and out of all of them small heath have probably managed to make the most reputable appointment. Although often in the championship it's the lesser well known ones that do a good job, maybe that will be the case for Ivić.

I still think it's a more than decent squad.

As of now Foster, Dawson, Capoue, Sarr, Welbeck, Deeney, Hughes, Pererya and Delefeou are all still there and while some will leave they'll keep a few of them up to January I think so would be surprised if they're not top 2.

No idea who Ivic is, guess appointing someone like Chris Hughton is too boring for them.

Last time Watford went up they went through 4 managers in the season:

Beppe Sannino (me neither start- August 31st 2014)

Oscar Garcia (2nd-29 September)

Billy McKinley (29th September-7th October)

Slavisa Jokanovic who left a week after they were promoted.

• 5 months later...
25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have watched Watford (& Sarr) a few times this season, gotta say.........i cant say i have been overly impressed with Sarr, looks bang average.

Same. I’ve never got the hype with him. Even last season he didn’t do a great deal of note. I couldn’t imagine him having the impact that Traore has had for instance. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i have watched Watford (& Sarr) a few times this season, gotta say.........i cant say i have been overly impressed with Sarr, looks bang average.

He has been living off that Liverpool performance, crazy people suggesting we throw 40 million at him. Traore is better value

• Like 2

On 14/08/2020 at 17:45, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would personally love it if we sign him.

I don't see the appeal. Couldn't hack it at barca or Everton and was bang average at watford. Seems to me like he's found his level and it's not us. 

• 6 months later...
Â