Watford

VillaChris

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What did he say?

He mainly just talked about himself and his own future after the game. Nothing about the club and all about him and said if was his last game he went down on his shield

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He mainly just talked about himself and his own future after the game. Nothing about the club and all about him and said if was his last game he went down on his shield

Deeney expects changes at the club over the summer - and said he felt for people who worked at the club behind the scenes as well as the fans.

"Ultimately we have not been good enough, there's no point dancing around it," he said.

If I was a upwardly mobile championship club I wouldn't be worried about any of the relegated three. I reckon there is a good chance none of them will go back up. Maybe Bournemouth if Howe stays. Norwich would have to spend more this summer than last year to have a chance and Watford look a mess. 

27 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

If I was a upwardly mobile championship club I wouldn't be worried about any of the relegated three. I reckon there is a good chance none of them will go back up. Maybe Bournemouth if Howe stays. Norwich would have to spend more this summer than last year to have a chance and Watford look a mess. 

I actually have Norwich as being in the best position to bounce straight back.

Financially ok, settled squad with the possibility of only losing a couple of their better players and continuity of a decent manager in place.

Watford and Bournemouth on the other hand are either going to struggle financially, lose valuable players and looking at hiring new managers (if Howe calls it a day). 

Watford have some big wage players and owners who hire and fire at a whim. I think they'll be in organisational turmoil for a while yet. 

Bournemouth will struggle without their best players, coach and having to be more reliant on their gate revenue from only 12,000 seats... 

9 minutes ago, Hornso said:

Thanks for imploding. 

I’d be effing livid if Villa did what Watford has just done. Zero points from the last three. I know that it wasn’t easy competition, but find a single point somewhere.

• Like 1

Just now, MNVillan said:

I’d be effing livid if Villa did what Watford has just done. Zero points from the last three. I know that it wasn’t easy competition, but find a single point somewhere.

Plus the manager sacking/rumoured in-fighting. Unbelievable. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Financially ok, settled squad with the possibility of only losing a couple of their better players and continuity of a decent manager in place.

Watford and Bournemouth on the other hand are either going to struggle financially, lose valuable players and looking at hiring new managers (if Howe calls it a day). 

Watford have some big wage players and owners who hire and fire at a whim. I think they'll be in organisational turmoil for a while yet. 

Bournemouth will struggle without their best players, coach and having to be more reliant on their gate revenue from only 12,000 seats... 

I would day Norwich have a great chance if winning the title. I think watford do as well as they will just loan a load of italians that are too good for the championship. 

Bournmouth sadly wont be unless howe stays

• Like 1

Deeney practically smirking all the way through his interview. I am sure he didn't want to get relegated and he isnt happy but he doesnt exactly look devastated.

Gabbyesque. I've made my money. I'm coming to the end. I'll be alright Jack.

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

To be fair he said it wasn’t fair on the fans , and that the team had not been good enough all season 

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I really like Deeney, as a player and a character. I know he is a nose, I know he doesn't like us but I don't care. I've a lot of respect for him.

The Louis Theroux podcast Grounded with him in is really really good. He's sound as **** I reckon Deeney, unfortunately his Dad was a Zulu so he's a nose but still, that aside he's come a long way, learnt the hard way and sees the bigger picture on a lot of things. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The worse thing for norwich is losing players

• Like 1

Â