The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

My biggest fear is that it's going to be an embarrassing defeat and that we don't even give Arsenal a game. I can take a loss, but if we can't get into the game at all I'll be so disappointed.

Yep, put in a performance similar to boro last weekend, would be heart breaking, I'll be upset if we play well and get beat by a better team but not turning up or being done by the ref (again) would be crushing

My stomach keeps doing flip flops. Thank God it's been busy at work this week so my mind has been occupied most of the time, but whenever I have any down time I start panicking. PLEASE WIN. I BELIEVE.

• Like 1

I'm trying to remain realistic: Arsenal could very easily humiliate us if they turn up. Even if they're only half motivated they could beat us pretty easily.

Considering the state of our defence and our performances in the last two games, if we were to win (apart from being one of the best things ever to happen) it would pretty much be a miracle.

Expecting to win would really be setting yourself up for spectacular disappointment.

This game is going to be all about our defence for me.

I can see Delph and Cleverely really lifting themselves and going toe to toe with the Arsenal midfield, if Westwood can raise it again I can see us competing against what is a fantastic midfield. If they do that then we know Jack and Tekkers can cause them problems.

I am worried about Sanchez vs Bacuna, I am also very worried about LB mainly because I have no idea who will play there. An 80% fit Richardson against Walcott scares the living day lights out of me. I know Ramsey generally gets the nod in the big games but I'd be amazed if he doesnt start Walcott given our struggles against pace in behind.

CB also worries me given our injuries and form.

However if we can somehow cobble together a back four that have the game of their lives it could be a really really good game.

Come on you Villa Boys!

Fridays are always the biggest day of the week at work and yet all I can think about is tomorrow. I've been quite pessimistic/realistic all weekend today I've woken up really believing we can win this.

We want it more than their fans, and if we can lift the players like we did in the semi then anything can happen!

• Like 1

The negativity is understandable and annoying in equal doses. Of course it’s a giant task but Blues beat Arsenal in a final, Wigan beat Man City. Let us have some faith and dare to dream.

Arsenal have struggled badly in recent appearances at Wembley. The Semi Final v Wigan last year only just scraping through on penalties. Fortunate for a magical free kick from Cazorla to get them back to 2-1 in the last final and even then, Aluko should have got Hull back in it.

They were also fortunate to beat Reading this year, thanks to a bad one from Federici.

And when the pressure was on v Monaco at home in a game they simply had to win, they lost 3-1.

It is not going to be easy, and we will need a little luck. But we can win this Final and we can lift this cup!

Edited by piav_k4
  • Like 3