The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Plenty of times things have been going well then hit a brick wall. Think it's the mentality of the club and players. Preston were up against a team similar to themselves, we are facing a team who have 10x our spending power, yet our manager wants to go toe to toe to "see what happens", it'll be ugly if he does.

Maybe it is something to do with the mentality, but you alluded to something that outlasts any of the players and management. Villa won't win tomorrow apparently because "we are Aston Villa and good things don't happen to us" rather than say, the fact that as you rightly point out Arsenal have a much much better team as a result of their spending power.

Depends what Sherwood meant. Could've just meant that we're going to have a go at them like we did with Liverpool and not sit back. I trust Sherwood to set us up to play to our strengths - whether that will be enough remains to be seen.

Edited by Mantis

Plenty of times things have been going well then hit a brick wall. Think it's the mentality of the club and players. Preston were up against a team similar to themselves, we are facing a team who have 10x our spending power, yet our manager wants to go toe to toe to "see what happens", it'll be ugly if he does.

Maybe it is something to do with the mentality, but you alluded to something that outlasts any of the players and management. Villa won't win tomorrow apparently because "we are Aston Villa and good things don't happen to us" rather than say, the fact that as you rightly point out Arsenal have a much much better team as a result of their spending power.

Depends what Sherwood meant. Could've just meant that we're going to have a go at them like we did with Liverpool and not sit back. I trust Sherwood to set us up to play to our strengths - whether that will be enough remains to be seen.

Tbh you are over analysing something which was written as a half hearted sorry for being so grumpy. Not everything is so black and white.

Im drunk and I think we will lose. Someone talked about tears before, I will cry if we win. 100%

I would too if we won.

Haven't drunk alcohol in an age, but I'd get blotto too.

And streak.

I'm off to bed.

VTID. UTV.

• Like 1

My job requires me to write the date all day long, entering it into a spreadsheet every time I make a purchase. Every time I type today's date my heart skips a beat and I go "Holy Christ, it's tomorrow!" I've written the date about 90 times already today. It's amazing I'm still alive really.

To relax myself, though, I gave myself a pedicure (the blue's not quite right):

2015-05-29%25252015.38.25.jpg

• Like 3

Just watched Road to FA cup glory and (for no particular reason, just happened to see it in YouTube) 2005-06 Villa season review. Some random, totally non-cup related notes: Baros was so much better than how I remembered him. Seemed that Ridgewell conceded a penalty in pretty much every game. Jesus Gabby was fast!

I'm so nervous right now. Can't imagine I'm getting much sleep tonight.

If nothing else I'm looking forward to an amazing atmosphere today.

Feels good typing today. Just wish it was now!

Having watched Sunderland Vs Arsenal we need to fill the middle of the pitch. With this in mind I would play:

______________Given____________

_Hutton__Vlaar_______Baker__Richardson

_____Bacuna___Westwood__Delph

________Cleverly______Grealish____

______________Benteke___________

Your avatar looks like a Franz Kline painting.

I'm shitting it about tomorrow. I think we'll get hammered. Could you imagine if we won? Madness. There wouldn't be a cow milked for two weeks.

Just felt my first butterflies. Holy Toledo, we're in the FA Cup Final!

I wish I was there so bad, dammit.

Maybe I should just move to England. You guys know any desperate women I could marry?

...nervous, gotta babysit my niece and nephew for the first time ever today , will keep my mind off tonight (its tonight/early hours tomorrow for me) .. and the youngest apparantly constipated and dosed up with prune juice so a potentially an unexploded godson to deal with...(50 years old never changed a nappy~)

new shirt turned up yesterday ... 3 days to get 14K from B6 to Perth airport .. another 3 to get 40 clicks from there to here...

2 gooners in the park walking the dog today, giving it some.. course they had designer dogs so I have a better dog AND a better team...

anyway, the point, got 4 AVFC shot glasses from the online shop, so they gonna be full of single malt tonight, 1 for each glorious goal we gonna smash in, yes 4 , I dont card if Given gets all 4 but would in a dream it would be Tekkers,Gabby,Delph and Bacuna... more likely Cleverly will get one and Tekkers a brace at least.

& no I am not on the single malt already ... soon :)