The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

I don't expect to win, but i'm definitely not completely writing us off.

Under Sherwood, we're scoring goals. Benteke is in electric form, and we just seem to be able to find the back of the net. Against Liverpool we even came from behind to win in a game that we dominated for 70 minutes. I know we can create chances and I know we can score them. We just need to play at our best and have some things to go our way and we'll be lifting the cup.

I don't expect to win, but i'm definitely not completely writing us off.

Under Sherwood, we're scoring goals. Benteke is in electric form, and we just seem to be able to find the back of the net. Against Liverpool we even came from behind to win in a game that we dominated for 70 minutes. I know we can create chances and I know we can score them. We just need to play at our best and have some things to go our way and we'll be lifting the cup.

But if we go toe-to-toe like he suggests, or play a high line as he has done against teams with pace and movement, then it will be an absolute smashing.

I'll be intrigued to see how Sherwood sets us up.

With Vlaar and Baker likely to start I think a high line would be suicidal. 

I'm hoping the Southampton game has put an end to any high line plans.

I'll be intrigued to see how Sherwood sets us up.

With Vlaar and Baker likely to start I think a high line would be suicidal. 

I'm hoping the Southampton game has put an end to any high line plans.

Me too. Although would you say we played a high line against Liverpool and Man City?

Of course, winning it would be the best thing ever but if we don't I won't be too upset if we put in a really valiant performance. Even being here is absolutely unbelievable considering how grim it's been over the past 3-4 years. Our fans will be louder, more colourful and it's just good to have us back, in front of a world audience being relevant again, competing in cup finals. Win or lose, I see a brighter future for us coming, let's just hope it starts with a major trophy in hand. 

• Like 1

Of course, winning it would be the best thing ever but if we don't I won't be too upset if we put in a really valiant performance. Even being here is absolutely unbelievable considering how grim it's been over the past 3-4 years. Our fans will be louder, more colourful and it's just good to have us back, in front of a world audience being relevant again, competing in cup finals. Win or lose, I see a brighter future for us coming, let's just hope it starts with a major trophy in hand. 

if we were sat knowing that we had europa league as runner up anyway then id be exactly the same

Depending on how the game pans out, I actually worry for my health slightly. I'm a pretty healthy person but I get nervous easily with Villa and this is by far the most important game of my time as a fan (didn't get properly into football until about 2001 so don't really remember 2000 well). If it goes to penalties I'll be genuinely worried about a heart attack.

Depending on how the game pans out, I actually worry for my health slightly. I'm a pretty healthy person but I get nervous easily with Villa and this is by far the most important game of my time as a fan (didn't get properly into football until about 2001 so don't really remember 2000 well). If it goes to penalties I'll be genuinely worried about a heart attack.

A few (or more) beers will definitely be consumed prior and during to keep nerves in check, I'm nervous enough already. Penalties would certainly be unbearable, I could barely watch when we got the last minute one against WBA, I have no idea how the players do it.

• Like 1