The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Looks like its going to rain tommorow aswell, fkin great

Could benefit us if it did!
How so? Benefits Arsenals quick 1 touch passing game more.

Rain from 6pm onwards according to the BBC

Yeah it does.

Yeah... Shouldn't have watched The Road To Wembley. Should not have watched that... It has hit me even more now.

Same, the Liverpool win was amazing, I can't imagine it getting any better than that - best I've seen us play for a long time.

• Like 2

Relax and enjoy the occasion as we're going to win tomorrow.

Wish I had your faith. But with the manager liking a high line, him saying we will go toe to toe, our recent Lamert-esque performances and Arsenal being the sort of team which could double the Southampton score, I don't think for a second we can win. We are Villa, it just doesn't happen.

Why would rain benefit Arsenal's style? Rain works against teams that pass it around a lot.

Wish I had your faith. But with the manager liking a high line, him saying we will go toe to toe, our recent Lamert-esque performances and Arsenal being the sort of team which could double the Southampton score, I don't think for a second we can win. We are Villa, it just doesn't happen.

I've said this before and I'll say it again - we made it here in the first place. Even if we don't win it's been a great ride.

Now I don't think we will win either (although I don't deny that we could win), but that's because Arsenal are a much better team than us, not because "we are Villa we're cursed we can't have nice things etc etc". It's a myth. There are clubs a lot worse off than us.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

Jeez let's not bother going eh?

• Like 1

Why would rain benefit Arsenal's style? Rain works against teams that pass it around a lot.

Only if it's so heavy it turns the pitch into a bog.

With the quality of pitches these days it benefits passing teams more because the surface is slicker and you need a better touch/control to use the ball, which passing teams usually have.

I'm so so happy to be making a FA Cup Final team prediction!

Here's what I think Tim will go with (not necessarily the team I would choose though):

Given

Bacuna   Baker  Vlaar   Richardson 

Westwood

Cleverley                               Delph

Gabby             Grealish

Benteke

Come on you Villa boys!

Did anyone see Paul Lambert on BT sport?  He picked his team for tomorrow and I'd like to know who he went for?   There's a link on newsnow but I can't view it because I'm outside the U.K. 

Did anyone see Paul Lambert on BT sport? He picked his team for tomorrow and I'd like to know who he went for? There's a link on newsnow but I can't view it because I'm outside the U.K.

Given

Richardson

Baker

Vlaar

Hutton

Delph

Westwood

Cleverly

Gabby

Benteke

Grealish

Did anyone see Paul Lambert on BT sport? He picked his team for tomorrow and I'd like to know who he went for? There's a link on newsnow but I can't view it because I'm outside the U.K.

Given

Richardson

Baker

Vlaar

Hutton

Delph

Westwood

Cleverly

Gabby

Benteke

Grealish

Lambert wouldnt play Given or Grealish