The FA Cup Final Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

We can do em. Positive thinking guys. No booing jeering or moaning. Just positivity to push our guys over the line. I'm taking my 8 year old son he's never seen me cry but he might when we win on Saturday

AVFC

• Like 1

We can do em. Positive thinking guys. No booing jeering or moaning. Just positivity to push our guys over the line. I'm taking my 8 year old son he's never seen me cry but he might when we win on Saturday

AVFC

Am I the only one that hopes Richardson is fit for this? Was good against Liverpool and we've missed him these last two games IMO. May not be good enough long term to build but he is very much needed on Saturday as Charlie was absolutely shocking as a LB/LWB!

• Like 1

Our form this season against them is pretty awful. 0 for, 8 goals against. That is horrible.

Jan 1st 2011....SHA 0 Arsenal 3

February 26th or whatever it was....SHA 2 Arsenal 1.

I agree that Arsenal with all their pace upfront isn't a great match up for us but we've had good results against them in the recent past usually at the Emirates so I wouldn't completely use those two games as a guide...the first one was very even for 30 minutes before Arsenal got 3 goals in about 5 minutes which was bizarre. The team was also suffering with a bug in that game weren't they? 5-0 was the sorry last days under Lambert, even then it was only 1-0 at half time and Weimann missed a good chance to get us level.

Anyone watching that FA cup show on bbc 1? Showing some of our game with Liverpool. Makes me want to win it even more than before.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

I'm not looking forward to this game in any way, shape or form. Nor next season.

I've literally never been this pessimistic as a Villa fan.

Christ, I need to snap out of it.

Yep, snap out of it, all of you! No lame defensive to lose 2-0 and walk home with our heads up -Lambert tactics. Play like against Liverpool and see where it goes. We have nothing to lose. This thinking that we might get embarrased is embarrasing. This is why we kept losing until Tim came in. Not everything changed back after two poor games, did it?

• Like 2

I have a horrible (it's actually nice) feeling about things. But I hate it because the more it grows, the bigger the hurt will be. 

Very similar, compounded by a bunch of neutrals over here who want to watch it with me. Not sure I'm prepared to let them watch me completely break mentally.

May well watch in the dark on my own...

...yet that horrible idea won't go away (the nice one) and if it wasn't there I probably wouldn't care about where I watch and who I saw it with...