Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace added to the forward line up, instead of GA.

A central defender, Eder Balanta of River Plate, Martin Caceres of Juventus or Jeremiah Akaminko who has been playing for Eskiserihspor in Turkey, would fit nicely.

An attacking midfielder like Dennis Praet from Anderlecht would be good. 

Someone plays Football Manager.......

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace added to the forward line up, instead of GA.

A central defender, Eder Balanta of River Plate, Martin Caceres of Juventus or Jeremiah Akaminko who has been playing for Eskiserihspor in Turkey, would fit nicely.

An attacking midfielder like Dennis Praet from Anderlecht would be good.

Someone plays Football Manager.......

I, Luke from Brisbane, Australia also think that Dennis Praet from Anderlect would be a good signing for Tim Sherwood from London, the manager of Aston Villa from Witton.
  • Like 2

I was at the wolves game last night. Afobe is a good finisher on his right foot, looked reluctant to use left at times. He isn't much cop outside the box.

Austin looked like he wanted to move, finished well and good link up play for another chance, but he wasn't throwing himself into everything.

Still rather we brought in a RB than a CB.

Also without knowing how we'll play when everyone is fit, but atm we lack creativity in midfield, 

Exactly my thoughts. I do like Bacuna, but I look across our potential first XI and he stands out to me. I think I prefer Hutton, but he's no Amavi either. I'm not sure what Spurs are doing with Kyle Walker, but that's the kind of level of player I'd want. 

Definitely need somebody who has a bit of a calmer head in midfield, like an advanced Westwood if you like but still able to muck in. I don't know if Veretout is supposed to be that player? Maybe it won't matter so much when we are playing with an actual number 10 but the option would be useful. Just bolstering the midfield full stop would be good, I think we are lightest there.  

• Like 3

I've seen us linked to a Spanish defender Alvaro Dominguez Soto on Newsnow. To find out more about him, I looked him up on wikipedia much to my amusement when I read this:-

During a league game against FC Bayern Munich, in the opening match of 2013–14, Domínguez handled the ball to concede a penalty, which was saved. He then handled the ball again from the rebound, giving away a second penalty in an eventual 1–3 away loss.[7] The next day he then sliced his hands clean off so he would never be able to handle the ball again. After 3months out he returned and as the ball came towards him it hit his elbow and the ref again much to his disbelief awarded a penalty. Alvaro broke down in tears, retired and has recently signed up for his local Paralympic handball team. His footballing days are a constant blight on his both his mental and physical states.

Maybe not the best signing then... :P

Also without knowing how we'll play when everyone is fit, but atm we lack creativity in midfield, 

Hutton, Bacuna and Richards can all play right back. I think that Crespo bloke is a full back too?

Richards,Baker,Clark,Okore are the CB's, I would say another CB is more of a priority being as 3 of those CB's are injury prone and two of them are prone to making errors

Hutton, Bacuna and Richards can all play right back. I think that Crespo bloke is a full back too?

Richards,Baker,Clark,Okore are the CB's, I would say another CB is more of a priority being as 3 of those CB's are injury prone and two of them are prone to making errors

Crespo is OK at all defensive positions including CB, he's not fantastic at any of them thou (no I'm not saying he's crap).

As for RB I don't wan't us to sign another squad option, we need a first team #1 player

Mamadou Sakho then?

Got to be an a-ga-do chant in there somewhere - get it done.

Fingers crossed on this Keita fella - I'd never heard of him, but if VT are excited, then I am too.

Link?

Sorry if that was misleading... my fault for not putting a smilie on it. It was more about 'if' we sign a player with the forename 'Mamadou' we could have some fun with that old Black Lace record 'A-ga-do...'

Thinking again, we could even have a chant based on the 1960s loveliness that was 'The Legend Of Xanadu...'

Anyway - still hopeful that we can get another front player - a Mark 1 Striker to bang the balls in the onion bag.

It seems Sherwood doesn't fancy Kozak or believes he needs time to get up to speed do you think he could use him to get Austin? Buy Austin and loan them Kozak with a view to a permanent? Or even just loan him for fitness?