Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Where's this link to a Spanish CB playing in Grmany come from btw?

Sherwood has spent a busy summer remodelling his Villa squad with a number of new additions coming in on the back of Christian Benteke's £32.5million sale to Liverpool.

But Sherwood feels he needs to improve the balance of his squad, and the Birmingham Mailhas reported that players such as Philippe Senderos, Charles N'Zogbia and Kieran Richardson could leave before the September 1 deadline.

Villa currently have 29 players in their 25-man senior squad, but that number includes several U21 players who do not count towards their total under Premier League rules.

"There are still some players here who know they can find other clubs," said Sherwood, who has reshaped the Villa Park squad this summer by signing eight new players, including Idrissa Gueye, Rudy Gestede and Adama Traore.

"But I think the balance of the squad is getting a lot better. There are some encouraging signs but it's very early days."

Villa's squad has been boosted by the return of midfielder Jack Grealish, who returned from a hamstring injury to play the full 90 minutes and score for the club's U21s in a 1-0 win at Derby County on Monday.

The 19-year-old could be available for Villa's Premier League trip to Crystal Palace on Saturday.

Midfielder Carles Gil also featured in the game but went off in the second half with a tight groin.

http://www.football365.com/aston-villa/9956240/Tim-Sherwood-to-trim-Aston-Villa-squad-by-allowing-fringe-stars-to-leave

Now then Alvaro, a little birdie tells Small Talk that during the Europa League semi-final against Liverpool you told Dirk Kuyt to "shut your **** mouth" – and in English too. So did you? And what's with the language skills? Ha ha ha! … Yeah, it's true. I got a bit wound up with Kuyt and I had a bit of a word. I've studied English since I was a kid, so I knew what to say. I went to an English school in Madrid, called King's College. It's not so much that I learnt English as that everything is done in English at the school – all your studying, every lesson

Are you fluent? Yes, although it's a few years since I have spoken much English. I left at 18 and haven't had the chance to maintain my level as it was but I do try to keep up with my English as much as I can.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2010/may/12/alvaro-dominguez-small-talk

Wonder is this 

If the Malaga trip by Sherwood was for a player perhaps it was for Florin Andone of Córdoba. Could only see that is Kozak was heading out.

There were links to him before the start of the summer. He came on against Northern Ireland in June and the Sky commentator said he could be playing for us this season.

I googled Álvaro Dominguez and Aston Villa, and there is an article in a Naples newspaper that we and Napoli are after him, but it's all in Italian.

Chuck us a link and I'll translate

Sorry if this is a bit clumsy but I'm on my iPad and it's worse than aids. I've also just spotted Goal.com in it which renders it bollocks on here doesn't it?

http://www.napolitoday.it/sport/ssc-napoli/trattative-calciomercato-napoli-19-agosto-2015.html

CALCIOMERCATO NAPOLI - Il nome nuovo per la difesa arriva dalla Germania

Con la pista Maksimovic sempre più difficile da percorrere, gli azzurri starebbero pensando ad Alvaro Dominguez del Moenchegladbach. Intanto anche lo Stoccarda vuole Koulibaly

Mario Parisi 19 Agosto 2015

Consiglia

Dominguez

Dominguez

Storie Correlate

CALCIOMERCATO NAPOLI - Tabella acquisti, cessioni e trattative

CALCIOMERCATO NAPOLI - Tabella acquisti, cessioni e trattative

In attesa di sistemare più di un elemento in uscita, il Napoli prosegue la caccia al difensore centrale. Complicatasi quasi definitivamente la pista Maksimovic, il ds Giuntoli prosegue la sua ricerca per consegnare a Sarri un elemento che vada a rinforzare la retroguardia azzurra.

Nelle ultime ore l'edizione tedesca di Goal.com riferisce di un ritorno di fiamma per Alvaro Dominguez, già accostato in passato al club partenopeo. Il difensore spagnolo gioca attualmente in Bundesliga con la maglia del Borussia Moenchegladbach e potrebbe partire per una cifra vicina ai 7 milioni di euro.

Dominguez, di piede mancino, è seguito con attenzione anche dagli inglesi dell'Aston Villa.

Per un difensore che entra, un altro potrebbe uscire: si tratta di Kalidou Koulibaly a cui, secondo quanto riferisce la Bild, sarebbe interessato anche lo Stoccarda dopo la partenza di Rudiger direzione Roma. Sul francese, però, i favoriti restano gli inglesi del Southampton.

From Wiki

"During a league game against FC Bayern Munich, in the opening match of 2013–14, Domínguez handled the ball to concede a penalty, which was saved. He then handled the ball again from the rebound, giving away a second penalty in an eventual 1–3 away loss.

Could be Guzan's replacement?

Ideal replacement for Baker when he goes on loan to Burnley.

• Like 1