Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Austin's been up for sale for £15m since the window opened and despite every club below the top 4 being linked no-one has gone in for him.

Must be some very dodgy medical reports out there I reckon.

You are definitely right about QPR having dodgy players. Fer somehow was fit enough for QPR, but goes and fails a medical for Sunderland. 

Austin being available for free is probably the main issue , why risk 15mil now when you can get him for free in 12 months ?

Alternatively clubs could wait till Jan and try and get him on the cheap then.

I feel that if we want Austin, then we'll have to pay for him this summer. If we wait to get him on a 'free', I feel we are allowing a club in a better position than us like Liverpool or Spurs to steal him.

It's only my opinion, but I think that if you add Austin to what we've already got, and a few of our new signings hit good form, then you've potentially got a Top 10 side there.

Is that worth an extra £15m?

Surely it works better for Austin to sit tight this season, score a hat full in the Championship, then move on a free with an even bigger pay packet - Andre Ayew style. 

Austin may prove to be more but I think it's a reasonable fear.

Ultimately it wouldn't be all that different to when O'Neill signed Harewood who had scored a similar number of goals in one PL season.

To be fair to Austin he's been consistently scoring goals at every level he's been at. Harewood was just signed because he was English & get able at the time.

Just seen that Norwich have made a substantial offer for Afobe from Wolves hope Sherwood is thinking of dropping a bid in aswell

I doubt Wolves will want to sell to us to be honest. Also I think its a bit of a risk, I would rather someone proven