Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I do think its time we had another player specific speculation thread

Unfortunately there are so many crap transfer 'sources' out there and (rightly) black listed, most of the credible ones are pretty late to the party with us.

You get the feeling that by the time there's a proper link the player will have already been photographed 27 times at bodymore Heath or is on his way to another club. The potential to talk about the likelihood of a transfer is very short these days..

Definitely, plus there aren't many places for new players. We have a decent squad.

Any player now will be a bargain or a dead cert. I think after Ayew coming in for a high fee and looking a little out of his depth Tim won't be gamling too much with a future 'big' signing.

• Like 1

Graziano Pelle anyone?

Apparently Saints are open to offers for him. Has a year left on his contract.

Ok he is 30 and he isn't that attractive centre forward but I think he would be great.

Thoughts?

He joined on a three-year deal.

Seems that is the case. The Independent updated their article.

If there is a hint of Saints wanting to sell him (which according to The Independent there is) I'd like to see us try and sign him.

He is a starter for them though so makes no sense. Shame.

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace added to the forward line up, instead of GA.

A central defender, Eder Balanta of River Plate, Martin Caceres of Juventus or Jeremiah Akaminko who has been playing for Eskiserihspor in Turkey, would fit nicely.

An attacking midfielder like Dennis Praet from Anderlecht would be good. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Dwight Gayle from Crystal Palace added to the forward line up, instead of GA.

A central defender, Eder Balanta of River Plate, Martin Caceres of Juventus or Jeremiah Akaminko who has been playing for Eskiserihspor in Turkey, would fit nicely.

Yeah retweet. Dwight Gayle would be about million times better than Gabby. Quietly got 5 in 11 last season as well

I don't think Gayle is a bad shout to solve our striker problem but they paid silly money for him IIRC and would want to recoup most of that

Saw a link earlier from the Italian press that we've offered £7.5m for Keita who Lazio are still keen to sell despite him scoring the winner against Leverkusen. They want €15m

Two different currencies there, is confusing.

So they want about £10.5m?

Saw a link earlier from the Italian press that we've offered £7.5m for Keita who Lazio are still keen to sell despite him scoring the winner against Leverkusen. They want €15m

Two different currencies there, is confusing.

So they want about £10.5m?

Yeah, I was too lazy to work it out but the article did have both currencies.

I'm hoping we bring in a solid centre back and a forward, then I think we have a very decent squad and are covered in all areas. My personal choice for the striker would actually be Kone from Everton. Seemed almost certain to leave Everton this summer but has actually started both games this season and played well. For the centre back I hope we look abroad if i'm honest as likes of Lescott don't really excite me. 

Every contract is a risk. A player could break his leg in the first training session. That's football

Football manager?

I am rubber, you are glue....
How appropriate, you fight like a cow!

Southampton have Pelle, Rodriquez and Long. That gives them good options. I don't see why they'd be selling Pelle, their first choice.

Edited by Qwpzxjor1