Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Does this rumour really all stem from Tim Vickery (probably best English expert on South American there is) being asked on TalkSport:

"Villa fans would like to know a little bit more about the River Plate defender Eder Balanta. Could be off to the Villa. What have you heard about him?"

Yet there was absolutely nothing in the press about it (as Tim would've mentioned it) and heck, there was nothing on Twitter, the crackden of rumour and misinformation, prior to the discussion either.

Yes it all stems from someone hearing us mentioned in the same sentence on Talksport earlier. I would suggest that it's more than a little tenuous. Bigger teams than us have been sniffing for a couple of years. Thing that's weird is his registration. so the club president last summer claimed to own "almost 80% of his registration" which they valued at around 5m euros. 2 years ago and before he played in the world cup they were thinking more 15m euros. Alledgedly Juve, Barca, R.Madrid, Sao Paolo, Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd have all been sniffing but nothing has yet materialised. Maybe theres a reason for that.

What are the rules about signing dual registered players like Mascherano and Tevez did at West Ham? Legal precedent suggests we just bung some team some cash if they get relegated instead of us right? ;)

I hate you all for getting my hopes up though. He's like a left footed Okore.

I am so old that i remember when Joey Beauchamp, Nii Lamptey and Chris Bart Williams was wonderkids in CM 93/94 :)

I went to considerable lengths recently to get a copy of Commodore 64's classic "First Division Manager". Signed a 5 star player by the name of A. Villan for £65,000.

(My girlfriend is thinking of leaving me.)

• Like 4

Just got myself excited because newsnow put a report of the copa libertadores up for Villa news.

Oh, thinks I, they must have mentioned Balanta in connection to a move to us....

Read report and realised River Plate have a player named Carlos Sanchez and that was all it took to trigger the link...

Balanta isn't listed as having played though.

Surely that means he is on his way for a medical!!

(And no, not at Citeh)

Edited by dogbonus

Someone probably more younger, needs developing but has huge potential.

Gestede, Kozak, Ayew and Gabby WILL score goals. Midfield will score goals. Richards might also score a few via set pieces.

Therefore a younger striker with big potential would be my option.

Not sure how much money we have left for it though.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/transfers/endendevertraege/statistik/2016/plus/?spielerposition_id=3&yt0=Show

That's a list of defenders with expiring contracts, N'koulou is on it, get him Tim!

I would take out of that list: Matip, N'Koulou, Moreno, Zambrano and Douglas

Interesting that FM2015 wonderkid Eder Balanta (River Plate) is in there.. he will no doubt go to Spain or Portugal..
Don't know how good he is meant to be in real life though.

I mentioned Balanta being in the out of contract list here a few days ago and low and behold we are now apparently linked with him???...

Gets some things right and some wrong. Like most journo's. That's quite a bold statement though.

Edit - see he claims he's an agent. Attention seeker most likely.

Let's not forget that one of our favourite sons joined from River Plate. Juan Pablo would be a fine advocate if called upon to persuade Mr Balanta that swapping the wide open plains of the Pampas for the mean streets of B6 was a good idea!

• Like 1

I see a link with Norwich and Quintero on the BBC gossip. No idea whether its BS or not but an amazing link to a club like that.

Any ideas how he got on last year? Presumably not great if Norwich are now looking at him.  I remember watching a game with him in a couple of years back and he was outstanding. At the time he was hyped to be the next James Rodriguez. Might be an interesting player for us if we miss out on Traore which now looks or does not look certain.

Just got myself excited because newsnow put a report of the copa libertadores up for Villa news.

Oh, thinks I, they must have mentioned Balanta in connection to a move to us....

Read report and realised River Plate have a player named Carlos Sanchez and that was all it took to trigger the link...

Balanta isn't listed as having played though.

Surely that means he is on his way for a medical!!

(And no, not at Citeh)

He was an unused sub last night and he's been in and out of the side this year. There are also a couple of young CB coming through the ranks again, Mammana is one of those who is also already being tipped for a move to Europe and spoken of highly. Him leaving is not a far fetched idea. That he would choose us is the bit I'm struggling with and the weird registration thing is something British teams generally run a mile from.