Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I really like Bolasie but not probably worth whatever Palace will demand. If we are targetting a winger of his mould, that's a positive.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Stupid to enquire about good players? Err....why?

Because we have other needs? We sure do and in that position not so much.
We'll sign our targets when we can. If Bolassie is a target it would be stupid to not do anything about it until we've signed targets that you deem more important.
That makes no sense.

Just because you don't see a player like Bolassie as a need doesn't make it right. And we won't sign players in order of importance. Deals will take time, some may be completed early and others over a longer period. It would be stupid if we were interested in Bolassie to not make any contact until we'd signed other players. If we want him then we should try and get him while at the same time working on other targets. Amazed you think enquiring about him is stupid.

We dont have unlimited money. You know this as one of Lerners biggest critics. So that tells us all that we should make a priority list of players in positions that we need the most. If money is still there when we have addressed our needs than we can go after our "targets" in different positions.

Should have bought Bolaisse 2 years ago, would be too much now.

Praet, as that article suggests, wiil appreciate in value, so will Avami, so will the other 2 or 3 strikers we are linked with.Adebayor is probably better than Kozak, more movement, quicker etc, but we don't need both plus a young striker.

If the rumours are/were true that Swansea were looking at Westwood, then maybe offer a swap, plus cash for Ki.

We'll sign our targets when we can. If Bolassie is a target it would be stupid to not do anything about it until we've signed targets that you deem more important.

That makes no sense.
Just because you don't see a player like Bolassie as a need doesn't make it right. And we won't sign players in order of importance. Deals will take time, some may be completed early and others over a longer period. It would be stupid if we were interested in Bolassie to not make any contact until we'd signed other players. If we want him then we should try and get him while at the same time working on other targets. Amazed you think enquiring about him is stupid.

I only think it's silly because he would never be made available by them, certainly not for anything we could afford anyway.

But, it also wouldn't be a good thing if it meant we had less to spend on a position that is more important to fill

He bagged half of them v a woeful Sunderland. Wait? So did agbonlahor :)..

Bolasie got 75% of his against Sunderland ;)

Only thing it means is that John O'Shea is a shit defender

I'd love Bolasie, but as sad as it is to say why on earth would he come here? We are a step down from Palace at the moment.

No offense but this is bullshit. You can't say Palace is a step up from us due to the fact they finished a few places above us in the league. They aren't in Europe and have about as much chance of us of winning a cup.

If the wages being paid were the same, although I'd actually imagine given our superior revenue we could pay more, then as a player you have the choice of playing in front of potentially 40k+ fans in a cracking stadium that is Villa Park or in front of 20 odd k in the shit hole that is Selhurst Park. You have chance to play in front of thousands of away fans every week or a few hundred. Most importantly though you have the chance to play for still one of the most decorated clubs in this country with a history better than all but a handful of clubs or for Crystal Palace whose history you could write on the back of a stamp and in terms of major trophies have won **** all.

The size of clubs don't compare. A couple of seasons of them finishing above us doesn't even start to equal that out. In fact that could be said for a lot of clubs we have in terms of league position fallen behind over the last 4 seasons.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

He bagged half of them v a woeful Sunderland. Wait? So did agbonlahor :)..

Bolasie got 75% of his against Sunderland ;)

Only thing it means is that John O'Shea is a shit defender

He was embarrassing during both games.

I'd love Bolasie, but as sad as it is to say why on earth would he come here? We are a step down from Palace at the moment.

No offense but this is bullshit. You can't say Palace is a step up from us due to the fact they finished a few places above us in the league. They aren't in Europe and have about as much chance of us of winning a cup.

If the wages being paid were the same, although I'd actual imagine given our superior revenue we could pay more, then as a player you have the choice of playing in front of potentially 40k+ fans in a cracking stadium that is Villa Park or in front of 20 odd k in the shit hole that is Selhurst Park. You have chance to play in front of thousands of away fans every week or a few hundred. Most importantly though you have the chance to play for still one of the most decorated clubs in this country with a history better than all but a handful of clubs or for Crystal Palace whose history you could write on the back of a stamp and in terms of major trophies have won **** all.

The size of clubs don't compare. A couple of seasons of them finishing above us doesn't even start to equal that out. In fact that could be said for a lot of clubs we have in terms of league position fallen behind over the last 4 seasons.

I think you've miss understood what I've said, I didn't say Palace are a bigger club. They clearly aren't.

But I think we as fans place a lot more emphasis on history, especially when the achievements do date back some, than the players do. Clubs like us and Palace are just stepping stones and I know who my money's going to be on finishing higher the next season or two (it ain't us) hence why I qualified the step down to be "at the moment".

That makes no sense.

We dont have unlimited money. You know this as one of Lerners biggest critics. So that tells us all that we should make a priority list of players in positions that we need the most. If money is still there when we have addressed our needs than we can go after our "targets" in different positions.

Sherwood will know how much he has to spend. So he should be bringing in his targets and working on them throughout the summer. Doing nothing while going after other targets runs the risk of missing out. I don't have a lot of faith in Lerner providing funds but I do trust that Fox, Reilly, Sherwood and the new guy know what they're doing. I don't think it's stupid to enquire about a target.

Bolasie isn't a flash in the pan. He's a very good player and has been for a long time now. People only seemed to pick up on it the back and of last season for some reason.

I've been dying for us to sign him for ages. Unfortunately I don't see Palace selling him for a reasonable price.

Edited by abdomlahor