Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

On that Facebook account a picture of Villa was uploaded last month too. Find it hard to believe a genuine account would be so blatant?

23 hrs ago actually

Ayew played wide at Marseille but basically just looked an inferior version of his brother and was sold. Not sure how he's done since.

Henry played wide before being converted

Just saying

Sounds positive. Him and Adebayor would be good.

Would they? To me it would seem like we've taken the cheapskate option to replace Benteke if those are our two forward signings.

I'd be happy with Adebayor for a year and a young player with potential.

I'd agree with that. We need goals first and foremost. We don't need to rush out there trying to find the next Benteke.

If we can get more goals from midfield as well it'll put us in a much better position than just having one potentially world class striker up front.

Edited by sexbelowsound

I'm warming to it

If we sign embolo or martial and no one else then that kid is getting unfair pressure

Adebayor would alleviate that, he'd be the one under pressure

From the videos on youtube a lot of his goals were A) penalties and B ) scored on a plastic pitch. Its a lot different playing on an AstroTurf surface. Suits some players doesn't others.

Edited by limvillian

Would they? To me it would seem like we've taken the cheapskate option to replace Benteke if those are our two forward signings.

I really don't think money is the issue here. It could well be that Sherwood simply has a massive hard on for Adebeyor and likes this kids potential.

We don't have to be happy about that, but that's just as likely at this present stage.

• Like 3

I really don't think money is the issue here. It could well be that Sherwood simply has a massive hard on for Adebeyor and likes this kids potential.

We don't have to be happy about that, but that's just as likely at this present stage.

Yep, I honestly don't care if we get our Benteke replacement for free, as long as it improves the team.

My only issue, money wise, would be if that money is never reinvested into the squad and we've gone for Adebayor because its our only option.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Guys, his brothers facebook page is automatically in French. This one isn't. I wonder if that means it was created in an English speaking country?

He's more of an outside forward isn't he?

I always thought he was a striker and his brother was an outside forward.

I believe, though of course could be wrong, that for Marseille he mostly played outside then last season up front for Lorient, hence the goals.

Yeah you might be right. I just don't remember them both playing the same position. It might be the Andre was a central player and Jordan was a wide player.

Jordan usually ends up playing in the middle whereas Andre prefers coming in from a wide position, mentality wise that is....please not another square peg in a round hole.

I watch a bit of French football and he's an interesting player, he has attacking play on his mind and so at times he appears not to contribute, but he's lively making runs even if people don't give him the ball. I'd bet Gil or a longer passing midfielder would find him quite regularly. 

He likes to shoot and has a certain amount of arrogance in front of goal, not a bad thing, though in the Prem the pressure to score is much higher than in Ligue 1. I can't say I know much about his mental strength, he doesn't seem to lack confidence.

He's a good finisher but is he a natural goal scorer? Not too sure, he's a good player who has a lot of potential but perhaps not to be top class, I think Rolan is a better prospect but I wouldn't be disappointed if he signed.

I personally think the next 12 months needs a portion of transfer budget allocated to heavy scouting, now we have a brave convincing manager we can start acting like the Wolfsburg's and Spuds of this world.

• Like 1

I'm warming to it

If we sign embolo or martial and no one else then that kid is getting unfair pressure

Adebayor would alleviate that, he'd be the one under pressure

These would be two guys I'd definitely be after, real prospects.

Though we do need to keep considering our own youth, it's too easy to get carried away by foreign starlets.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Fair point. I'm just not comfortable with being reliant on Adebayor as the main striker throughout the season. I'm not a fan of bringing him in regardless but it was just about acceptable if it was as the secondary option to complement/share the burden with a significant striker signing. They've had months to prepare for a potential Benteke's exit so I won't be very inspired if that's the best they come up with. Anyway, I'm not presuming it will be just speaking hypothetically.

You've got a massive hard on for hard on comments havent you! Lol

Just noticed ciaren Clark only has one year left on his contact, who has been managing these and why is that another we are in a dangerous position with? Can't blame faulkener any more

Just noticed ciaren Clark only has one year left on his contact, who has been managing these and why is that another we are in a dangerous position with? Can't blame faulkener any more

Whom ever is in charge of the contracts need a rocket up their asses.

Who and who?  :blink:

Absolutely love it, can't get enough of the cock mate. What about you, you game?