Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I really don't think money is the issue here. It could well be that Sherwood simply has a massive hard on for Adebeyor and likes this kids potential.

We don't have to be happy about that, but that's just as likely at this present stage.

Fair point. I'm just not comfortable with being reliant on Adebayor as the main striker throughout the season. I'm not a fan of bringing him in regardless but it was just about acceptable if it was as the secondary option to complement/share the burden with a significant striker signing. They've had months to prepare for a potential Benteke's exit so I won't be very inspired if that's the best they come up with. Anyway, I'm not presuming it will be just speaking hypothetically.

Is it possible that they might go for, say, Adebayor, plus two young guys, one for the centre, one inside forward.

• Like 1

Gueye in already now this link , one thing I tend to be nervous about is a team built with an African spine that disappears every 2nd year for critical part of season

Oh come on - if we sign Ayew it'll literally be two players who might be leaving for a month every 2 seasons.

Gueye in already now this link , one thing I tend to be nervous about is a team built with an African spine that disappears every 2nd year for critical part of season

Oh come on - if we sign Ayew it'll literally be two players who might be leaving for a month every 2 seasons.

We are not one of top sides in lg, we lose 1 or 2 and we don't have the pool of players they have to pick from

We are not one of top sides in lg, we lose 1 or 2 and we don't have the pool of players they have to pick from

I think we could probably just about manage.

Tweet from Nixon

@reluctantnicko: @pontuslarsson81 I'm very well. How ayew?

TBF he was just replying to someone who had asked " Hi Alan how Ayew?"

No he wasn't, someone asked him about Ayew...so he twisted the tweet.

@pontuslarsson81: @reluctantnicko what about ayew Alan ?

The conversation is still going on. Talks about us passing on Chery because we knew we'd have the Benteke money to get better/he tweeted about a mystery striker a day or two ago we were in for.

Tweet from Nixon

The conversation is still going on. Talks about us passing on Chery because we knew we'd have the Benteke money to get better/he tweeted about a mystery striker a day or two ago we were in for.

Sorry misread.Anyway Hopefully we can do better than Ayew and Ade.

Tweet from Nixon

Sorry misread.Anyway Hopefully we can do better than Ayew and Ade.

It's all rumours atm regarding Ayew, even Nixon maybe on the wind up. Just posting what I've seen.

All a bit depressing really. We are becoming the new Newcastle United signing all these French / African players from the crappy French league that come with promise but 9 times out of 10 end up being shite.

FFS Tim. Stop being clever and stick to what you know and sign some known Premiership players like Austin, Berainho,Townsend etc.

Edited by donnie

Just a thought but, does Adebayor still play international football?

All a bit depressing really. We are becoming the new Newcastle United signing all these French / African players that come with promise but 9 times out of 10 end up being shite.

FFS Tim. Stop being clever and stick to what you know and sign some known Premiership players like Austin, Berainho,Townsend etc.

££££££££££££

All a bit depressing really. We are becoming the new Newcastle United signing all these French / African players from the crappy French league that come with promise but 9 times out of 10 end up being shite.

This has to be satire surely?

• Like 2

This has to be satire surely?
Least someone got it :-)

All the moans before we signed anyone was from people slating Tim that we were linked to overpriced Premiership players like Townsend. Comments on twitter now is Villa fans moaning about us not signing players like Townsend and instead signing players from the French league. Never happy.

Edited by donnie