Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Whilst I think Cambiasso would do a job, I'm not fussed at all if we don't sign him.

Hopefully this season will see Carlos Sanchez resemble a footballer!

And when we play Liverpool I'd like to see him disassemble a footballer.

Couldn't find the Snake thread, but Delph has just done a hamstring after 17 minutes of his debut and has been stretchered off!

If that doesn't make for a good day nothing will :)

lets all club together and send him a get worse card

• Like 2

Whilst I think Cambiasso would do a job, I'm not fussed at all if we don't sign him.

Hopefully this season will see Carlos Sanchez resemble a footballer!

And when we play Citeh I'd like to see him disassemble a footballer.

Corrected for you Brian

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/24/aston-villa-defender-nathan-baker-eyed-by-burnley/?

HITC Sport understands Aston Villa defender Nathan Baker is a target for Burnley as they look to replace Jason Shackell.

HITC Sport understands from sources close to the club that Burnley are lining up a move for highly-rated Aston Villa defender Nathan Baker.

Burnley boss Sean Dyche has identified Baker as his top target to replace former captain Jason Shackell following his move to Championship rivals Derby County earlier this week.

Dyche is a big admirer of Baker and sees the powerful defender as the ideal successor for Shackell as he looks to build a side capable of winning promotion back to the Premier Leagueat the first attempt.

The Clarets are expected to firm up their interest in Baker with a bid as they test Villa's resolve to hang on to the former England Under-21 international

SEE ALSO: Burnley eye move for former Watford star

Baker, who joined Villa as a 13-year-old, came through the ranks at Villa Park and was part of the side that won the Premier Academy League in 2007-08 alongside the likes of Ciaran Clark, Andreas Weimann, Barry Bannan, Marc Albrighton and Chris Herd.

The centre-back, who can also play at left-back, made his first-team debut in January 2011 and has gone on to make 88 appearances for Villa.

he'll always struggle with consistency and injuries though, i think he's a decent player but it's going to be hard for sherwood to build a defence based on him because he'll never play 38 games a year, as a result he should be 3rd or 4th choice at best

I think it would be a terrible time to let Baker go. He's still quite young for a centre back, he's got a few seasons worth of Premier League experience and his performances have just been getting better in the last two seasons.

Edited by bose

Were light in CB department as it is plus he fills the english quota

Indeed, with most of our signings coming from abroad, unless we got offered an attractive amount which is unlikely from a Championship club, I don't see why we would let an important home-grown member of the squad go. I don't see why he'd want to drop down a division when he must be in contention for playing a fair bit, what with our luck with injuries, Vlaar going and possibly playing 3 at the back.