Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

amazingly the red hot Bolasie from last season got less goals than Agbonlahor  :huh:

Flatters to deceive for me be a disappointing signing

Fewer goals.

Sorry.

stannis_approves.gif

• Like 3

Bolasie isn't a flash in the pan. He's a very good player and has been for a long time now. People only seemed to pick up on it the back and of last season for some reason.

I've been dying for us to sign him for ages. Unfortunately I don't see Palace selling him for a reasonable price.

I'm leaning towards the 'I don't see the fuss' side, personally.

He had a number of good moments and scored a few important goals last season, but in the few times I've watched him play a full match, he's seemed to fumble along with the ball, much like N'Zogbia does.

I'm sure he's better, and I've probably just watched him in a few off games, but from what I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a move to a better club and follow N'Zogbia's path into a consistently underwhelming performer.

for me Bolasie is hit and miss. No surprise his best games last season came against Sunderland and Liverpool. 2 teams Gabby always enjoys playing against

For me he has great pace but lacks an end product

I'm sure it was last season palace played us off the park, Guzan had a great night, benteke scored we won 1-0, bolasie and zaza absolutely slaughtered our full backs and then managed to **** up every single cross they attempted, step overs and dropping the shoulders, tricks and flicks, all pointless if you can't pick out the striker

I'm certainly not opposed to us going for him bug think palace would value him at £15-20m and he's not good enough for that

• Like 1

I really don't think money is the issue here. It could well be that Sherwood simply has a massive hard on for Adebeyor and likes this kids potential.

We don't have to be happy about that, but that's just as likely at this present stage.

Fair point. I'm just not comfortable with being reliant on Adebayor as the main striker throughout the season. I'm not a fan of bringing him in regardless but it was just about acceptable if it was as the secondary option to complement/share the burden with a significant striker signing. They've had months to prepare for a potential Benteke's exit so I won't be very inspired if that's the best they come up with. Anyway, I'm not presuming it will be just speaking hypothetically.

Is it possible that they might go for, say, Adebayor, plus two young guys, one for the centre, one inside forward.

This is almost too good to be true. Ok, forget the almost.

Palace are an exciting club at present I'm sorry to say compared to us.

Look at how they ended last season, brilliant win at Anfield and snuck into top half. Bolaise is also from London so can't quiet see why he'd want to move up here when there's interest from other London clubs if he wants a pay rise. I'm filing this in the Begovic no chance category.

Now Puncheon was probably just as good as him in the closing few months and would cost a a quarter of his price...

I would be pretty cool to bring Ashley Young back to Villa park, I highly doubt it but the reports are interesting. Saying that weren't we linked with him last summer?

After his form at the end of last season I can't see him going anywhere