Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Does anyone have a link to the Gueye/work permit issue or is it pie in the sky optimism?

Sherwood had said it should go through just some work permit stuff. He said it when he won the bet from pete colley, but sorry no link but you can search through ssn website?

No that's fair enough. As long as it isn't VT speculation that became fact through repetition.

Does anyone have a link to the Gueye/work permit issue or is it pie in the sky optimism?

Sherwood had said it should go through just some work permit stuff. He said it when he won the bet from pete colley, but sorry no link but you can search through ssn website?

No that's fair enough. As long as it isn't VT speculation that became fact through repetition.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11677/9904930/sherwood-celebrates-wager-win

• Like 2

You can't make a big point about needing to have players in the right mentality in the dressing room then sign a deviant like Adebayor.

Was that at me? If so, I can because that's the managers job, to understand personalities and blend them. If Sherwood did get him I'd trust him to get what we need from him. 

I seem to remember a few deviants with fairly checkered pasts doing pretty damn well for whichever club they played at. Balance is key, Adebayor might be a little self absorbed but we don't know whether his relationship with Sherwood allows him to retain professional respect. That's more important than doing stupid things outside of football, he's definitely not going to steal Gabbys boots, and if he did Gabby probably wouldn't notice.

Remember we're Aston Villa, strugglers, we need someone to push enough to keep us safe, not make headway into the top half.

If I was a manager would I sign him without knowing him? I'm not sure I would, but if I knew him and had a good rapport then he'd have to at least be a thought.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

You can't make a big point about needing to have players in the right mentality in the dressing room then sign a deviant like Adebayor.

Was that at me?

No, at the manager.

Was that at me?

No, at the manager.

Ahhh apologies ....some of my points still stand though...don't they?.... :unsure: lol.....this story has an interesting clip

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11386737/Former-Tottenham-manager-Tim-Sherwood-on-how-to-manage-striker-Emmanuel-Adebayor.html

Surely one of the issues regarding Adebayor is also the finite resources we have when it comes to wage structure and squad positions.  If we are to sign say five players this close season do we want even a decent piece of that pie in the hungry, hungry mouth of Mr Adebayor?

And incidentally, could someone with more time and gumption enlighten me (and perhaps us all?) about the affect overseas tours have on club transfers?  Does it make a huge difference, for Villa in the past, and maybe for other clubs too?

I can't understand why we weren't in for cabaye for £10m, absolute bargain, would've improved us greatly

His relationship with Pardew.

Cabaye at 30, or Praet at 21?

I think Praet/Amavi are exactly the kind of players we should be making.A midfield of Delph , Praet , and Issa looks a very good , well balanced midfield imho.

Well the current thought is that Delph won't be here for much longer :(