Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Adebayor on something like a 2 year deal? Sherwood managed to get a lot out of him and he does have a lot of ability.

No you're not.

He's as enigmatic as he is trouble but underneath he's a bloody talented player, even at this stage of his career. 

I fancy if he came here the support he'd get would be quite inspirational, now what he does with that would be up to the manager, and at least he and Sherwood have some rapport.

Then there is the Adebayor's record, we currently pay a striker who can't score goals a lot of money to flatter himself, yet with Adebayor you're guaranteed goals, he's one of those players. If we get 90% of him even 40% of the time he'll score/assist more than Gabby, and probably just hit double figures, that would be hugely beneficial to us.

If you get any more you're looking at a guy who will contribute 15 times a season, in assists and goals, that's something our relegation battling squad could really do with, especially on a short deal.

He's a gamble for sure but he's not a write off, especially for teams looking to permanently move away from the bottom of the table.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Adebayor on something like a 2 year deal? Sherwood managed to get a lot out of him and he does have a lot of ability.

No you're not.

He's as enigmatic as he is trouble but underneath he's a bloody talented player, even at this stage of his career. 

I fancy if he came here the support he'd get would be quite inspirational, now what he does with that would be up to the manager, and at least he and Sherwood have some rapport.

Then there is the Adebayor's record, we currently pay a striker who can't score goals a lot of money to flatter himself, yet with Adebayor you're guaranteed goals, he's one of those players. If we get 90% of him even 40% of the time he'll score/assist more than Gabby, and probably just hit double figures, that would be hugely beneficial to us.

If you get any more you're looking at a guy who will contribute 15 times a season, in assists and goals, that's something our relegation battling squad could really do with, especially on a short deal.

He's a gamble for sure but he's not a write off, especially for teams looking to permanently move away from the bottom of the table.

The only thing that inspires that mercenary word removed is his wage slip.

• Like 2

No you're not.

you'd rather have adebayor than gabby? 

Facepalm.jpg

both are inconsistent, one because of injuries and the other because he's a bellend, i hope we arent going anywhere near him

No you're not.

you'd rather have adebayor than gabby? 

Facepalm.jpg

both are inconsistent, one because of injuries and the other because he's a bellend, i hope we arent going anywhere near him

The difference is that Adebayor scores goals pretty regularly when he's playing

1) That will be nearly 18 months ago by the start of the new season, which is a long time at his point in his career. 

2) He's barely played competitive football for twelve months. 

3) He'd be on massive wages. 

4) His personal and family life is clearly problematic, to the point of being a huge career disruption.