Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Well the Facebook rants, his 'juju' claims, why he was granted compassionate leave at Spurs etc. He was always a maverick but I think he has completely lost it now personally.

Am I the only one who wouldn't mind Adebayor on something like a 2 year deal? Sherwood managed to get a lot out of him and he does have a lot of ability.

1) That will be nearly 18 months ago by the start of the new season, which is a long time at his point in his career. 

2) He's barely played competitive football for twelve months. 

3) He'd be on massive wages. 

4) His personal and family life is clearly problematic, to the point of being a huge career disruption. 

article-0-085018B3000005DC-896_468x352.j

It's a funny old game

• Like 1

Well the Facebook rants, his 'juju' claims, why he was granted compassionate leave at Spurs etc. He was always a maverick but I think he has completely lost it now personally.

Frankly who can blame him with the kind of shit he has been through. He's tipped.

I wouldn't blame him necessarily, but I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near here.  Extenuating circumstances or not.  He can be someone else's well-paid problem.

So far we've signed two free signings and another which was agreed to back in January. I'm starting to wonder whether they're holding off buying anyone until they know whether or not the club's going to be sold. Whatever's happening we need to get some players in, otherwise we're going to be left behind.

Edited by useless

@BroadcastMoose: Also looks like @E_Adebayor is on his way to @AVFCOfficial as @SpursOfficial continue their summer sale including Chiriches,Soldado, Fazio

Oh dear lord...

Maybe we're just trolling the Spuds!

So far we've signed two free signings and another which was agreed to back in January. I'm starting to wonder whether they're holding off buying anyone until they know whether or not the club's going to be sold. Whatever's happening we need to get some players in, otherwise we're going to be left behind.

That doesn't sit with the fact the only reason Gueye hasn't signed is a work permit issue and we have supposedly offered a contract to Amavi. So either or both could be done imminently.

Frankly who can blame him with the kind of shit he has been through. He's tipped.

True, perhaps a little inconsiderate my original post. I still don't want him anywhere near here all the same.

Would anyone take Van Persie?

No. He's done at this level.

And yet I'd rather Van Persie than Adebayor by SUCH A MASSIVE LONG DISTANCE.

I love how people think Van persie has just 'gone shit' in a season when that same Summer/year he was absolute fire at the World Cup. He's still got it (or most of it). Injuries and less game time knocked him back at United. 

Edited by tomh621

True, perhaps a little inconsiderate my original post. I still don't want him anywhere near here all the same.

I generally agree with you all the same. He's always been extremely talented but for one reason or another he has "wasted" that talent and I think he's done at the top level.

Van Persie is joining Fenerbahçe on £140k-per-week, why is he being seriously mentioned at all?

He wasn't seriously mentioned.  Someone asked if we'd take him that's all.  We'd never get him.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link to the Gueye/work permit issue or is it pie in the sky optimism?

Sherwood had said it should go through just some work permit stuff. He said it when he won the bet from pete colley, but sorry no link but you can search through ssn website?
  • Like 1

Van Persie is joining Fenerbahçe on £140k-per-week, why is he being seriously mentioned at all?

He wasn't seriously mentioned.  Someone asked if we'd take him that's all.  We'd never get him.

Ah, ignore me.