lexicon

Team so far....

Guzan

Bacuna Richards Clark Amavi

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil gabby

Kozak

Any good? Or relegation candidates?

That team is guaranteed relegation. I'm not entirely sure why you'd be starting Gabby over Grealish mind you....
Really well bump all your savings on it and make a killing if you are that sure.
I only picked players who are defo gona be here. Someone suggested grealish for gabby

Guzan

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil grealish

Kozak

Any better?

My post was not aimed at you dakid. We are already doomed according to some even though we have a few weeks before season starts and a many more before window closes.

Team so far....

Guzan

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil gabby

Kozak

That team is guaranteed relegation. I'm not entirely sure why you'd be starting Gabby over Grealish mind you....
Really well bump all your savings on it and make a killing if you are that sure.
I only picked players who are defo gona be here. Someone suggested grealish for gabby

Guzan

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil grealish

Kozak

Any better?

My post was not aimed at you dakid. We are already doomed according to some even though we have a few weeks before season starts and a many more before window closes. Edited by nazvfc

Team so far....

Guzan

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil gabby

Kozak

It's not bad, needs to look something more like...

Guzan

Richards - Okore - Clark

Bacuna Amavi

Darder - Gueye

Praet Gil

Striker

People not thinking Jack will be a first team player?

Team so far....

Guzan

Westwood gueye

Sinclair gil gabby

Kozak

It's not bad, needs to look something more like...

Guzan

Richards - Okore - Clark

Bacuna Amavi

Darder - Gueye

Praet Gil

Striker

People not thinking Jack will be a first team player?

I'm thinking he will be in rotation with Gil and whoever else we sign.

With our seeming personnel 'revolution' I'm increasingly thinking we may have dodged a bullet not signing Cleverly.

This is a big four weeks.  A big four months.  But, hey, we're a Big Club.

I agree with this.

• Like 1

If we sign:

Darder

Praet

Amavi

Townsend

Bamford (loan)

we are in a better position than we finished the season. Much stronger first team but having lost our only scorer of the last 3 seasons. We are not going to find another player to deliver it on his own so the money really needs to go across the whole squad.

Exactly what I'm thinking. It's a miracle Benteke got goals half the time. 

I think Cleverly not signing was pretty disappointing to be honest, the fact he never even mentions what Villa - Lambert/Sherwood did to revitalise his career I also find incredibly disappointing.

He went from saying how much he loves Villa and might stay, to signing for Everton a week later and piddling on about what a good manager Martinez is (the most overrated manager in the prem).

• Like 1

Striker is an interesting problem for us.

Personally I'd try to buy an up and coming prospect in Europe, someone like Embolo, and then try and loan someone like Adebayor. Sherwood will trust Adebayor to perform when needed, so it could be a good thing, if Sherwood can keep his head straight.

At this points its all about spending money as efficiently as we can. I've got to the point where I'm obsessed with the numbers (helps being an accountant). We are cutting huge amounts off the wage bill, most of them bad contracts (Benteke exception when he wants to play), I'd imagine what we are adding are probably good contracts (Gueye & Amavi) with Richards being a bad contract but this is due to the fact we'd no transfer fee for him. 

Nixon said we bid for Hendrick a couple of months back but our bid was very low, wonder if we could go back in for him.

jeff from derby?
Yeah

@stighefootball: Rumours of an #AVFC bid for Breel Embolo. Sherwood seemingly using a combo of Football Manager and Wyscout to ace the window.

Just passing it on chaps:)

Edited by mightysasquatch

Doubt it, we may as well forget it. Spurs wanted him and they didn't get him,Monaco wants 15+ plus minumum and they really have no need to sell after selling Kondogbia for 40m euros, why would he go to us...makes no sense really.. I think if we are going after a youngster, Embolo will be better, cheaper and well I think with more raw potential but also more potential not to live up to expectations somehow. ( Austin/Adebyaor + Embolo would be terrific bit of business, not keen on Adebayor at all but he is alright when he focuses on his football )

Edited by Alakagom

Martial: So unlikely. Signed a new contract earlier this month. Spurs made a large bid recently (apparently) and that was turned down. Their coach likes him by all accounts. I don't see anything with this one. Nothing concrete, all conjecture. Embolo: A Swiss journalist from 20 Minuten tweeted yesterday there was talk of a bid from us for £10m. 20 Minuten is a German-language free paper in Switzerland - think along the lines of The Metro that covers the Basel area. We'll see if that tweet becomes a more concrete link from the Media over there over the rest of the weekend. Kozak starting, with Adebayor on loan and Embolo rotated in as he settles in could be very interesting...