IN

Amavi

Darder

Praet

Holgate

Embolo

Remy (Loan)

Yes please.

EDIT - Also forgot about a wide player. There has to be a decent tricky winger out there that would cost less than Townsend and be equally as effective.

I'd be well happy with that.

All the predicted signings I see people doing and barely anyone is listing a cetreback. Am I the only one that sees this a top priority, given how injury prone our defence is. And that Richards is hardly a proven success at CB.

• Like 1

All the predicted signings I see people doing and barely anyone is listing a cetreback. Am I the only one that sees this a top priority, given how injury prone our defence is. And that Richards is hardly a proven success at CB.

With Vlaar gone I don't think our defence is as injury-prone as its made out. I wouldn't call Okore and certainly not Clark injury-prone.

What kind of player is Darder anyway?

What an absolute shambles we are. We basically need half a new team and there's only three weeks before the season starts. 

Fortunately the transfer window doesn't close for another 6 weeks...

Another CB of quality would be nice, but it's not at all a priority position for us. We need another CM, two strikers, a winger, an AM and a LB. I'd also love a quality RB but I think that along with another CB would be pushing it considering how little money we have to spend.

OUT

Benteke

Cissokho

IN

Amavi

Darder

Praet

Holgate

Embolo

Remy (Loan)

We won't spend half of what it'd cost to bring in that lot.

We've already bid for Amavi (9 - 10 mill), some reports say we have already bid for Darder (7-10 mill/even Delph money), Holgate is around 1-2 mill. Praet according to reports would be around 10 mill. Embolo would be 10 - 12 mill. Remy would be a LOAN as he said. That would be 37 - 44 mill, and you are saying we won't spend even half of that? Even given that we bid for Amavi before the departure of Delph plus Inevitably Benteke, around 40 mill incoming? We posting for effect? -_-

How big a priority is it though considering the glaring gaps in central midfield and upfront?

Worth's worth remembering is we do actually play 4 league games before the window closes so yes if the back4/5 looks a car crash in the early games expect a panic signing or two on deadline day.

What an absolute shambles we are. We basically need half a new team and there's only three weeks before the season starts.

Well we had 7 points inside that period last year and it would have been 10 if it was this season because of early start. 3 weeks is all we have. Actually 2.5 so they can play in first game

Let's not kid ourselves, we've been a one man team since benteke arrived.

We've been harping on about needing a plan B for years. These extra funds give us the perfect opportunity to buy 5/6 first team players and turn us into a more creative outfit.

I'm hopeful that the combination of sherwood and Wilkins and guaranteed playing time is enough to sway potential young players to join us.

People forget just how big a club we are, I'd love us to ram all negativity down the throats of the people that dismiss us as some lower league fodder. Well guess what, even after the horrendous cutbacks were still here, and in pretty healthy shape now.

Hate the fact that Southampton, stoke, Swansea etc think they're better than us because they've had 2/3 good seasons.

I'm optimistic anyway, the players were linked with are encouraging.

Well we had 7 points inside that period last year and it would have been 10 if it was this season because of early start. 3 weeks is all we have. Actually 2.5 so they can play in first game

Man. United is always a write off whoever we have playing, point at the very best and we have a horrible historical record playing promoted teams early away in seasons.

0 points from first two wouldn't shock me at all although think I'll take a sabbatical from here if that occurs.

Our season really starts with Palace away and Sunderland at home.

Agree with this. Certainly most would want to be in by 2 weeks time . A club in villas position can't afford to give away games to the likes of Bournemouth.

Let's not kid ourselves, we've been a one man team since benteke arrived.

We've been harping on about needing a plan B for years. These extra funds give us the perfect opportunity to buy 5/6 first team players and turn us into a more creative outfit.

I'm hopeful that the combination of sherwood and Wilkins and guaranteed playing time is enough to sway potential young players to join us.

People forget just how big a club we are, I'd love us to ram all negativity down the throats of the people that dismiss us as some lower league fodder. Well guess what, even after the horrendous cutbacks were still here, and in pretty healthy shape now.

Hate the fact that Southampton, stoke, Swansea etc think they're better than us because they've had 2/3 good seasons.

I'm optimistic anyway, the players were linked with are encouraging.

Linked with being the operative word. Smoke and mirrors!

So we may as well forget about the first few matches then, Mantis?

Yes because I totally said that... :rolleyes:

Not saying we can afford to bring in anymore players before the season starts, but quite a few players for most clubs come in between the start of the season and the end of the transfer window.