Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

6 hours ago, KSV said:

Why has he not been signed. He can be signed for free in a few months. We sign garbage on 5 year deals but don't lock up these young talents.

Talks are stalemate at the moment it seems.

To be fair.. Have we not raved about the last 10 young talents that broke through to the first team and went on to well.. not be all that.

Agbonlahor, Weimann, Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Delfouneso,... all raved about why they are not in the first team.. when they did break through they where all nothing more than average really and have not really gone on to much as terms of success.

If he was to stall and leave for minimal to Rangers or whoever then that's life. It is not as if we have the next Maradonna or Messi in waiting now is it?

if he'd signed a contract a year ago when he was a prospect doing ok for our youth team he'd have been on circa £5k a week for the next 3 years, if he holds out and signs a new contract when he's the star of our youth team and flirting with the first team then he'll be after £10k a week for the next 3 years...

not sure why people are getting excited, the holding out and now the rangers story says to me the kids got himself a decent agent, not a lot more

As an alternative to Agbonlahor should be getting more game time now and hopefully will in January so the club should and probably are making every effort to get him signed up long term.

Edited by striker
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would put him on the bench on Saturday and hopefully if we are 3-0 up by the 60th min or so to bring him on for a decent look at him.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Optimisim at its best. Love it!

I really really hope this happens :-)

17 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I would put him on the bench on Saturday and hopefully if we are 3-0 up by the 60th min or so to bring him on for a decent look at him.

I wonder when the last time we were 3-0 up by the 60th minute occurred.........I really can't think of anything, bet it was a long time ago

Maybe he's thinking I've worked my ass off to be given an opportunity, haven't caused any undue attention with my antics or attitude, haven't been given a chance by multipule managers since sherwood. Oh and Gabby who has been a joke during this period with his attitude and behaviour but somehow has been redeemed is ahead of me in the pecking order. Yeah I'd think twice if I was him and explore my options before signing a new contract. 

• Like 4

I can see this ending up like Sturridge......one that got away.

However,I am hoping not....if we can secure our position in a games, maybe Stevie will give him a chance to ease him in. 

Edited by TRO

I think if I looked at a bench with Gabby and Rushian Hepburn-Murphy as my options on it I would go for Rushian every time. In Rushian's case I can also understand him having concerns for his future development if Gabby is getting playing time ahead of him having not for me done enough to earn it.

I can see thousands of reasons why his agent might like him to move on but to get next to nothing for him from Rangers would be dire for us given we have taken him to the stage where other teams will look seriously at bringing him in. I think we need to make him a decent contract extension offer to put off potential poachers and encourage him to see his future at least in the short-term as being with us.            

19 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Talks are stalemate at the moment it seems.

To be fair.. Have we not raved about the last 10 young talents that broke through to the first team and went on to well.. not be all that.

Agbonlahor, Weimann, Albrighton, Clark, Bannan, Delfouneso,... all raved about why they are not in the first team.. when they did break through they where all nothing more than average really and have not really gone on to much as terms of success.

If he was to stall and leave for minimal to Rangers or whoever then that's life. It is not as if we have the next Maradonna or Messi in waiting now is it?

Apart from Albrighton winning the league. And most of the above were brought through under the lerner regime, which was an utter disaster.

Albrighton should be the reason we give the young kids contracts, and bring them though properly!

2 hours ago, villan_007 said:

Apart from Albrighton winning the league. And most of the above were brought through under the lerner regime, which was an utter disaster.

Albrighton should be the reason we give the young kids contracts, and bring them though properly!

Yeah because Leicester win the league every season don't they.

When he was at Villa.. he was not all that..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah because Leicester win the league every season don't they.

When he was at Villa.. he was not all that..

I don't think he's been 'all that' at Leicester to be fair.

Having a winners medal doesn't make you a great player, many average players have picked them up over the years, Tomasz Kuszcak has 3 winners medals.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don't think he's been 'all that' at Leicester to be fair.

Having a winners medal doesn't make you a great player, many average players have picked them up over the years, Tomasz Kuszcak has 3 winners medals.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic comes to mind!  He has amassed shitloads and god knows how!

20 hours ago, thabucks said:

Maybe he's thinking I've worked my ass off to be given an opportunity, haven't caused any undue attention with my antics or attitude, haven't been given a chance by multipule managers since sherwood. Oh and Gabby who has been a joke during this period with his attitude and behaviour but somehow has been redeemed is ahead of me in the pecking order. Yeah I'd think twice if I was him and explore my options before signing a new contract. 

This is exactly the point I made in the Gabby thread.  I really hope it was just a particular tactic for the Blues game, but if we lose a promising youngster because we push Gabby ahead of them I'll be very disappointed.

Alternatively it does imply we are playing a bit more hardball on the contracts side of things and not just handing them out with whatever clauses and £$£$£ the agent asks for which is better in the long term.

Â