Tickets

Mic09

Such was the boredom of the match I'd completely forgotten going to the Blackpool game, so I can now book five days earlier than I originally thought! Small win but I think all STholders will get tickets and it's not like there'll be much choice in tickets anyway.

However, I agree that it is far too complicated and, whilst I personally benefit, I think they have prioritised the 'groups' unfairly. I understand the need to spread the sales dates but it should just have been by number of years as season ticket holder with then normal criteria for non season ticket holders with some weighting to FA Cup matches. I think it's probably unfair that I get a jump on people who've had a season ticket for over ten years just because I went to a £15 Blackpool game.

Should have just been 10, 9, 8.... Years a season ticket holder as that's the most relevant guide to support (in the case of ticket sales) and then ten matches, nine matches... etc etc

So I've been to 5 games this season, so I won't get one in this round right?

Why wouldn't you get one, when the last date in the current criteria, released earlier tonight, says fans who have attended five games in the 2014-15 season??

Do you think it's likely to go beyond 5+ home games. I throw my hands up, and admit I've only been once this season (due to various reasons), so fully appreciate those who have made an effort should get first dibs. Just wondering if we'll actually sell out under the current criteria? 

If you're on about the criteria on the 9th April, it wouldn't just be home games, it has to surely include away games as well. I've been to West Brom (League and FA Cup) and Orient at home and Newcastle away, additionally I will be going to Swansea as well :)

I had a similar set of circumstances last time. I'd actually been to more aways that home games in 2009/2010. Unfortunately, away games were not taken into account (although in the end I had enough history to get a ticket with 6 home matches), and I'm almost certain it'll be the same case this time around. 

It looks complicated but they've done it to break down the phone traffic, better than having 10k people trying to get though as soon as they go on sale, seems understandable to me.

Wont happen though. 

People will wait till all their group has the right criteria so they can all sit together. 

I will be surprised if we sell more than 2/3k in the next two weeks (before the 30/3/15 due to that list). 

Thus only making the phone lines double/treble Hot in the last  two weeks.

Kingman, I think you're right.

I bet only a couple of hundred wil lbe sold tomorrow, for instance.

Considering how quiet the ticket office is this week, with only Tottenham and Swansea tickets available, i would've thought they'd try and shift as many as possible this week.

I will take 3 please.

Thanks.

Do you have three client refs with any history? If so, you've got a chance.

To anyone who still hasn't done so, get your client refs sorted out BEFORE the tickets go on sale.

You talk to them on the phone and they tell you they cannot do that.

I don't even know what Villa Cash is!

But I don't meet any of those criteria (I'm a bad fan!)

I'll have to hope there's still availability after that

FYI there are another two games you can buy tickets for (even if you can't go) between now and the final date on that list. Don't know if that will help you.

Edit - having said that United has likely sold out now.

Edit 2 - yes it has.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Does anyone know when the extra criteria dates will be announced ? (i.e beyond what they announced yesterday).

I've had a bit of a knightmare in that most of the games I've been to this year were on my old mans booking history and we didnt attach it to me aswell (school boy error).

I spoke to them yesterday and it can't be moved over after the match has finished.

So for my own booking history I am on a measly 2!

Thinking of going this Saturday which will be a big mission and piss the missus off but that would get me to three.

Just been on the ticket site and they have a "Final 5" package where you can purchase tickets for 5 games for £110. Will this add 5 tickets to your account?

I'm not willing to spend that much just to make it in the last listed criteria, but some might. 

When are they going to announce when the game will be played? It would help to know!!

Either late tonight, or more likely, tomorrow, is my guess.

They're waiting to see if Arsenal go through in the Champions League, because the two legs of the CL quarter final are either side of the FA Cup semi. If they go through, I would guess that they would play on the Saturday. If they don't, I would expect us to play on the Saturday, as they probably want the two teams with the least travelling to do to play on the Sunday.

I don't think the Blues/Baggies games in London on the Saturday afternoon are as big a deal as some are making out. Given that Man United are playing at Chelsea on Saturday night, I would expect the first semi-final to be on Saturday lunchtime (with the second semi late afternoon on Sunday). So the travel plans of Villa/Baggies/Blues fans wouldn't coincide too much if we were playing on the Saturday.

Does anyone know when the extra criteria dates will be announced ? (i.e beyond what they announced yesterday).

I've had a bit of a knightmare in that most of the games I've been to this year were on my old mans booking history and we didnt attach it to me aswell (school boy error).

I spoke to them yesterday and it can't be moved over after the match has finished.

So for my own booking history I am on a measly 2!

Thinking of going this Saturday which will be a big mission and piss the missus off but that would get me to three.

Are you sure?  I accidentally booked Arsenal at home on an old reference and they have consolidated into one for me.

Could be because they're under the same name though.

Do you have three client refs with any history? If so, you've got a chance.

To anyone who still hasn't done so, get your client refs sorted out BEFORE the tickets go on sale.

You talk to them on the phone and they tell you they cannot do that.

I did. They did do that. It was before last time we went to Wembley though. Perhaps they've changed the policy.

Just been on the ticket site and they have a "Final 5" package where you can purchase tickets for 5 games for £110. Will this add 5 tickets to your account?

I'm not willing to spend that much just to make it in the last listed criteria, but some might.

They won't, the matches will have had to be played.

Â