Tickets

Mic09

Surely it's going to be Sunday, with WBA at Palace & SHA at Watford on the Saturday?

Its irrelevant. Watford and Palace are absolutely nowhere near wembley

Everyone will be travelling from Birmingham New Street. That will be the reason why it won't be played on the Saturday. 

Edited by PieFacE

Really hacked off after talking to the ticket office today. Despite having 3 season tickets each for more than 10 successive seasons and having attended all cup games i still can't select which block i want to sit in as it hasn't been released yet. It seems those with less booking criteria can sit where we would like to as these blocks will be released later on in the window.

Leave it until later then Robbie, but you'll be at risk of not getting a ticket at all if they're selling quick - like those people who have a choice of the block but have to wait longer to get them.

I've just got 2 tickets, category 2, upper tier + coach travel. I can't be doing with driving or trains, the coach is much easier for lazy people like me. It took 5 or 6 minutes to get through to someone, but after that, the woman I spoke to was really nice.

One thing I will say, is that it would make sense to have a phone option specifically for Wembley. As opposed to listening to the Ts&Cs for a minute, then pressing 1 for ticket info, then pressing something else for away tickets, then putting your client reference in the keypad. It seemed a bit of a faff, that could have been avoided. (Or, it might just be Villa's way of staggering the calls that are waiting to come through, so the 'wait times' seem a bit less).

Hmm...not sure what to do. Wait a little longer for a more desirable block behind the goal, or get one in the middle but top section?

Anyone with experience of sitting in various seats at Wembley care to offer the pro's and con's? Or am I safe in the assumption that practically all the seats will be decent for view? Maybe not so much for atmosphere though?

Edited by hogso

I just selected the block at the very back. 546 sorta at the back, but to the side. Couldn't care where the seat/block is. I don't want to risk not getting one at all.

If anybody else like me was curious about views, etc. go here for a handy clickable guide to views from around the stadium. For reference, blocks currently on sale for us are 126, 138, 139, 546, 547, 551 and 552 (at least that's what I can see at time of typing).

On that basis I've gone for 138 - in the north west corner.

Done! Excited.

Edited by hogso

Hmm...not sure what to do. Wait a little longer for a more desirable block behind the goal, or get one in the middle but top section?

Anyone with experience of sitting in various seats at Wembley care to offer the pro's and con's? Or am I safe in the assumption that practically all the seats will be decent for view? Maybe not so much for atmosphere though?

I was in the lower tier for the Carling Cup Final, just in line with the corner flag, and paid (memory serving) £54. View was OK, but nothing special. I was in the upper tier for the FA Cup Semi, and paid £30. View was probably better than the £54 ticket, and the atmosphere was amazing. Although standing up made me a bit dizzy, due to being up that high (and probably the amount of cider I'd drunk!).   

You're going to be able to follow the game, from where ever you sit. I've been critical of Wembely in the past, but can't fault the view.

Edited by dAVe80

How does Villa Cash work in relation to getting a ticket for this game? Looking at joining Villa Cash to qualify for a ticket earlier . Does anybody know if this doable? And what is the catch with Villa Cash? As far as I can see it's a payment upfront and that's it?

Edited by villan-scott

Leave it until later then Robbie, but you'll be at risk of not getting a ticket at all if they're selling quick - like those people who have a choice of the block but have to wait longer to get them.

I've just got 2 tickets, category 2, upper tier + coach travel. I can't be doing with driving or trains, the coach is much easier for lazy people like me. It took 5 or 6 minutes to get through to someone, but after that, the woman I spoke to was really nice.

One thing I will say, is that it would make sense to have a phone option specifically for Wembley. As opposed to listening to the Ts&Cs for a minute, then pressing 1 for ticket info, then pressing something else for away tickets, then putting your client reference in the keypad. It seemed a bit of a faff, that could have been avoided. (Or, it might just be Villa's way of staggering the calls that are waiting to come through, so the 'wait times' seem a bit less).

Every season ticket holder will get a ticket if they buy before start of April so just wait until then to But if it's an issue?

How does Villa Cash work in relation to getting a ticket for this game? Looking at joining Villa Cash to qualify for a ticket earlier . Does anybody know if this doable? And what is the catch with Villa Cash? As far as I can see it's a payment upfront and that's it?

Villa cash is no longer on sale.

For anybody worried about view, in my opinion there is no such thing as a bad view at Wembley. I've watched 3 nfl games there and villa 3 times, sat in different areas each time and had no issue. Wouldn't say I prefer one over the other.

It's a season long membership giving priority on away tickets, cup tickets etc as well as other benefits. Runs from August to July and is no longer available to purchase for this season. That's my understanding, willing to stand corrected.

No villa cash is no longer on sale

All seats are decent! But I didn't want to risk it so just went in 139. Not the best but don't care !

Has any one booked the Official Travel yet? Ideas of time and cost? My booking window is Weds next week.

Trying to work out whether to just do the day or make a weekend of it in London with the girlfriend (also a season ticket holder)

Went in the ticket office today (to get Swansea tickets) & must say the ticket office staff have such a tough job at the moment! People trying to blag tickets by saying they've been to games, which according to the system they haven't. People getting very irate when the ticket staff are only trying to do their job.

I think Villa should adopt the one ticket per client reference blanket policy. That way there's no confusion of who's booked tickets for what game.

Edited by benireduk
  • Like 1

Has any one booked the Official Travel yet? Ideas of time and cost? My booking window is Weds next week.

£30 leaving Villa at 8am by the looks of the ticketing site.

• Like 1

Â