Tickets

Mic09

When are they going to announce when the game will be played? It would help to know!!

Either late tonight, or more likely, tomorrow, is my guess.

They're waiting to see if Arsenal go through in the Champions League, because the two legs of the CL quarter final are either side of the FA Cup semi. If they go through, I would guess that they would play on the Saturday. If they don't, I would expect us to play on the Saturday, as they probably want the two teams with the least travelling to do to play on the Sunday.

I don't think the Blues/Baggies games in London on the Saturday afternoon are as big a deal as some are making out. Given that Man United are playing at Chelsea on Saturday night, I would expect the first semi-final to be on Saturday lunchtime (with the second semi late afternoon on Sunday). So the travel plans of Villa/Baggies/Blues fans wouldn't coincide too much if we were playing on the Saturday.

Saturday lunchtime would be a nightmare, they've always been played late afternoon. Plus the baggies/ blues thing isn't to do with travel, it's to do with them all being in London at the same time and could cause trouble.

Not always - Liverpool v Everton was a Sat lunchtime kickoff a couple of years ago. Plus an FA Cup semi final hasn't clashed with a big Chelsea home match before, at the same time on Saturday evening.

I don't get the fuss about the Baggies fans in particular. There's no reason for them to be anywhere near Wembley. They'll be getting trains into central London while we're playing (assuming an early kickoff), and Villa fans will be heading home on a different train before their game has ended. Situation with Blues fans is broadly similar, although obviously they'll be closer.

If this was considered to be an issue by the various authorities, they would have already scheduled Arsenal for Saturday and Villa for Sunday. As they haven't, we can only assume that putting Villa on Saturday is their preferred option, but it depends on Arsenal not progressing tonight.

Remember these are the same authorities that scheduled Villa-Baggies as an evening kickoff at the weekend.

Anyway, as all three clubs who are through so far are putting tickets on sale tomorrow, I expect an announcement first thing in the morning at the latest.

I'd hope so, bit strange buying a ticket when you don't actually know when it will be.

Even more proof that the FA don't give sweet FA about the fans. 

I guess most people are governed by the date with travel/work arrangements and booking time off/holiday commitments etc.

Just wanted to let people know that the criteria on the 9th April is 5 home games only, not away games, utterly ridiculous. Luckily enough QPR has been rearranged for the 7th April, more money spent on Tim Sherwood's claret and blue army ;)

Edited by Avflife

I don't even know what Villa Cash is!

But I don't meet any of those criteria (I'm a bad fan!)

I'll have to hope there's still availability after that

FYI there are another two games you can buy tickets for (even if you can't go) between now and the final date on that list. Don't know if that will help you.

Edit - having said that United has likely sold out now.

Edit 2 - yes it has.

Just wanted to let you know Stevo985 that the criteria for the 9th April is 5 home games, not away games, just rang up and had it confirmed annoyingly to me. But the QPR game has been rescheduled for the 7th April ;)

What do you think of the purchasing criteria ?

I know I will get a ticket as I have been a ST holder for 40 plus years

I have been unable to attend Sunday games since the turn of the year

Was unable to attend QF on Sat at 5.30 ( did attend league game on Tues night )

I now have wait till April before I can purchase

I seem to be at odds with well its my own fault or should my length of service ( it feels like that at times ) mean I should be higher up the list

Fellow villa fans....

I know this is a complete and utter long shot, but i was wondering if there's any season ticket holders who can't make the game at Wembley? If there is, could you please PM me?

Would be willing to exchange your reference for some wonga :)

Thanks!

I know I will get a ticket as I have been a ST holder for 40 plus years

I have been unable to attend Sunday games since the turn of the year

Was unable to attend QF on Sat at 5.30 ( did attend league game on Tues night )

I now have wait till April before I can purchase

I seem to be at odds with well its my own fault or should my length of service ( it feels like that at times ) mean I should be higher up the list

More likely to get one than myself fella, I'm having to purchase tickets to the Swansea and QPR games just to get a ticket on the 9th April, the last criteria date for now. Personally think having a window tomorrow for season holders for 10+ years who have attended 4 FA Cup games is ridiculous, will be about 100 fans getting tickets tomorrow. 

Edited by Avflife

Well I called up earlier today and spoke to somebody about it and they told me to call up on the 3rd of April and they'll sort it out then.

Is this about not putting a client ref for other tickets you've bought alongside your own?

I'm in this same situation, my mate has been to 3 out of 4 FA Cup games (I'm almost certain we'll get tickets) but I never put his name down. Last time a really nice lady (probably the famous Nicky Keye) sorted it all out for me, but only after speaking to about 3 people before her. Maybe I'll just request to talk to her next time and tell her General Krulak recommended her :lol:

Well I called up earlier today and spoke to somebody about it and they told me to call up on the 3rd of April and they'll sort it out then.

Is this about not putting a client ref for other tickets you've bought alongside your own?

I'm in this same situation, my mate has been to 3 out of 4 FA Cup games (I'm almost certain we'll get tickets) but I never put his name down. Last time a really nice lady (probably the famous Nicky Keye) sorted it all out for me, but only after speaking to about 3 people before her. Maybe I'll just request to talk to her next time and tell her General Krulak recommended her :lol:

I assume so, I tried to reassign the Bournemouth game, as  my mate brought the ticket, they said as the game has already been played they couldn't assign the game to my reference number. Here goes to purchasing a ticket to the QPR game tomorrow to get a ticket on the 9th ;)

Edited by Avflife

Just wanted to let people know that the criteria on the 9th April is 5 home games only, not away games, utterly ridiculous. Luckily enough QPR has been rearranged for the 7th April, more money spent on Tim Sherwood's claret and blue army ;)

Does the game not have to have been played though? I know it did last time as people I knew tried to buy tickets for game in the near future to boost their chances but it didn't work.

Edit - just read that it's the 9th you can buy a ticket on, thought it was earlier.

Edited by The_Lions_Roar

Does the game not have to have been played though? I know it did last time as people I knew tried to buy tickets for game in the near future to boost their chances but it didn't work.

Edit - just read that it's the 9th you can buy a ticket on, thought it was earlier.

No worries, someone on here I was speaking to earlier made the same mistake. Though for some reason, I was assigned a Swansea ticket earlier (as part of the 'bring a buddy to Swansea' offer), but still haven't been assigned the reference for the game on my online account.

I know I will get a ticket as I have been a ST holder for 40 plus years

I have been unable to attend Sunday games since the turn of the year

Was unable to attend QF on Sat at 5.30 ( did attend league game on Tues night )

I now have wait till April before I can purchase

So you're not a season ticket holder this season then? Edited by Wainy316

Â