The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood was never going to be sacked today. How often do you see managers lose on the Saturday and then get sacked the same day? It almost always happens on the Sunday/Monday

It is far from "hyperbole" in the context of our survival in the PL. We have the worst manager I have known since McNeill, will possibly be bottom tomorrow and need 36 points from a possible 84. Absolutely "no light at the end of the tunnel" with regard to our future in the PL

Even that is a bit of an exaggeration. We could still stay up although I admit it's looking very unlikely even at this early stage.

But still, it's not like once we're down we're down forever. Some perspective is needed.

"Perspective"? I have absolutely no interest. Relegation will be a disaster for our club. The way the club is being run I have little faith that we will return to the PL within a few seasons and even then we are back to square one. I have experienced relegation several times since the 60s and it is always devastating. If we go down this season I seriously believe we could be in the CL for 4-5 seasons if not longer. 

• Like 2

So we've gone from clearing out the losers to saying he's picked the players to then saying its up to him to get the best out of them to then saying he didn't actually chose the then saying he'll take full responsibility for the performances to now saying they aren't good enough. Worst manager in my lifetime a total rocket polisher.

He is guessing all the time, he doesn't know how to turn it around. I find it it very sad that he is deflecting his responsibility on to the players.

We are down and we aren't coming back anytime soon. Sherwood so to blame this season Lerner is to blame overall

previous manager to blame as well since he was so inept that Sherwood had to take over?

• Like 1

We are down and we aren't coming back anytime soon. Sherwood so to blame this season Lerner is to blame overall

With the right man this team will do well, go down and this team with the right man would walk the championship. Who the right man is remains to be seen, however I believe that sherwood seriously gutted at what's happened and as I've said before that Wilkins is the problem, bring kev Mac back and it will change, the team isn't far away just that spark is needed.

Sherwood was never going to be sacked today. How often do you see managers lose on the Saturday and then get sacked the same day? It almost always happens on the Sunday/Monday

It is far from "hyperbole" in the context of our survival in the PL. We have the worst manager I have known since McNeill, will possibly be bottom tomorrow and need 36 points from a possible 84. Absolutely "no light at the end of the tunnel" with regard to our future in the PL

Even that is a bit of an exaggeration. We could still stay up although I admit it's looking very unlikely even at this early stage.

But still, it's not like once we're down we're down forever. Some perspective is needed.

"Perspective"? I have absolutely no interest. Relegation will be a disaster for our club. The way the club is being run I have little faith that we will return to the PL within a few seasons and even then we are back to square one. I have experienced relegation several times since the 60s and it is always devastating. If we go down this season I seriously believe we could be in the CL for 4-5 seasons if not longer. 

Then you of all people should know that there's always light at the end of the tunnel.

tumblr_lr63fm7Tgi1r0ojhto1_500.gif

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

We have one of the most unique young English players around, one of Europes most promising fullbacks from last season, a spatterings of promising but raw talent around the squad, they're not useless but just need the right guidance and coaching to play as a team in a successful unit.

Our manager should not be telling them they're not world beaters when so many of them are on the fringes of their national side, it's embarrassing. It's your job to make good young players into world beaters Tim, that was your whole shtick.

Bang on! You can't bring in young players from abroad and tell the media they are not good enough. What does he think this does to the players, they are not gonna wanna give there all to a manager who thinks they are no good. Amavi for example must be feeling well down that he has been dropped for the likes of Richardson. 

Im sure most of us know Amavi is a better player than Richardson. 

Tim saying he picks the players on who he thinks can handle the pressure in mindless. So he is as good as saying he don't pick them on quality.

previous manager to blame as well since he was so inept that Sherwood had to take over?

Previous manager didn't choose his successor, I don't think. 

This is Sherwood's team, Sherwood's responsibility (which he fully takes, of course). 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for for the players. Imagine working for this guy. If he was my boss I'd be looking for a new job. 

And the delusion continues.......... 

I'd quite happily play for a complete moron if I was earning a fortune playing at a level higher than my actual talent. I certainly wouldn't expect ppl to feel sorry for me.

“The last goal … we looked tired, to be honest, we looked like we were out on our feet as we were tracking back and it was too easy – to side-foot a ball in from six yards out under no pressure is not good enough. We can’t carry any players. We’re in a position where every one of our players has to play well to get anything out of any football match. There’s a lack of quality.”

Sherwood maintained that he will keep Villa in the Premier League but his comments about the ability level of the players felt telling. “We can’t do any more as coaches and managers, we’re working as hard as we can, and the players can’t do more regarding effort. They can only give us what they can give us, we can’t turn them into superstars.”

I thought he was meant to be a fantastic man manager.

I wouldn't want to play for a clearing in the woods who said this shit about me to the media.

wow those comments by sherwood are pathetic

You couldnt do any more tim, players were tired tracking back? Maybe you could have brought on Amavi, who has pace, to replace richardson who doesnt and counter the threat down our left, which is where the winner came from. We cant afford to carry players? So why do you keep playing lescott and gestede?

"I am gutted we haven't got anything from the game. It's not about me personally,"  Tim Sherwood.

It is about you tim, 1. Because you are the manager and 2. Because you aren't good enough. When you leave the results will improve because you are the problem.

• Like 1

Â