The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood has to go but whatever happens we are going DOWN. It is **** heartbreaking that the club has so badly run into the ground. Lerner our "custodian" should hang his **** head in shame!

It took me four hours to get VP today for that shite and have just got home after another shite journey. Another 11 hours of my life totally wasted!

We are at our lowest ebb in over 30 years and I cannot see any way we can stay up. These really are very dark days for Aston Villa and there is no light at the end of the tunnel :-(

Is the club being wound up soon? Must've missed that one.

go and wind someone else up pal

It's a serious point though. Yes things are bad but to say "there is no light at the end of the tunnel" is just pure hyperbole.

Edited by Mantis

Sherwood has to go but whatever happens we are going DOWN. It is **** heartbreaking that the club has so badly run into the ground. Lerner our "custodian" should hang his **** head in shame!

It took me four hours to get VP today for that shite and have just got home after another shite journey. Another 11 hours of my life totally wasted!

We are at our lowest ebb in over 30 years and I cannot see any way we can stay up. These really are very dark days for Aston Villa and there is no light at the end of the tunnel :-(

It's a serious point though. Yes things are bad but to say "there is no light at the end of the tunnel" is just pure hyperbole.

It is far from "hyperbole" in the context of our survival in the PL. We have the worst manager I have known since McNeill, will possibly be bottom tomorrow and need 36 points from a possible 84. Absolutely "no light at the end of the tunnel" with regard to our future in the PL

• Like 1

Sherwood maintained that he will keep Villa in the Premier League but his comments about the ability level of the players felt telling. “We can’t do any more as coaches and managers, we’re working as hard as we can, and the players can’t do more regarding effort. They can only give us what they can give us, we can’t turn them into superstars.”

rocket polisher. 

• Like 2

I actually don't know what he is talking about there and I truly believe that football management is a job that's made to look very difficult task by complete thickos.

I honestly think with half a brain, it's pretty straightforward.

this is one of the most retarded things ive read on this site. I bet youre paying for your coaching badges right now so that you can go earn yourself a couple mil£ in a straight forward job. Or is it too simple for you? Being a football manager is ridiculously hard and you have literally 0 idea what it involves. I bet you dont even know how to take a training session do you which is managment 101. you come across as the "complete thicko" here tbh.

yes I do know how to take a coaching session thank you very much.

Sherwood was never going to be sacked today. How often do you see managers lose on the Saturday and then get sacked the same day? It almost always happens on the Sunday/Monday

It is far from "hyperbole" in the context of our survival in the PL. We have the worst manager I have known since McNeill, will possibly be bottom tomorrow and need 36 points from a possible 84. Absolutely "no light at the end of the tunnel" with regard to our future in the PL

Even that is a bit of an exaggeration. We could still stay up although I admit it's looking very unlikely even at this early stage.

But still, it's not like once we're down we're down forever. Some perspective is needed.

He needs to be sacked ASAP We have 3 league games coming up that I've written off so it's a free roll for any new manager then we have a game against Watford that if we lose I think we'll be that far off we will be done for. As for the next manager it's a case of anybody but Sherwood now I'm fed up with him constantly belittling his players in the press it's awful man management! 

“The last goal … we looked tired, to be honest, we looked like we were out on our feet as we were tracking back and it was too easy – to side-foot a ball in from six yards out under no pressure is not good enough. We can’t carry any players. We’re in a position where every one of our players has to play well to get anything out of any football match. There’s a lack of quality.”

Sherwood maintained that he will keep Villa in the Premier League but his comments about the ability level of the players felt telling. “We can’t do any more as coaches and managers, we’re working as hard as we can, and the players can’t do more regarding effort. They can only give us what they can give us, we can’t turn them into superstars.”

I thought he was meant to be a fantastic man manager.

I wouldn't want to play for a clearing in the woods who said this shit about me to the media.

• Like 2

Sherwood was never going to be sacked today. How often do you see managers lose on the Saturday and then get sacked the same day? It almost always happens on the Sunday/Monday

Even that is a bit of an exaggeration. We could still stay up although I admit it's looking very unlikely even at this early stage.

But still, it's not like once we're down we're down forever. Some perspective is needed.

Rodgers got the bullet just after that game a few Sunday's back. The decision's already been made - I'm sure of it. It's all about how it's packaged up now.

Things look pretty bad if I'm honest. I'm usually fairly up beat about stuff, but things do feel different this year. Like we rode our luck for the past 4 or 5 seasons (!) and this year it's catching us up.

We need to get rid of Sherwood soon, tomorrow or Monday, and get someone else in. No idea who but it's worth a try, we've got no chance of staying on the Prem with Sherwood. 

So we've gone from clearing out the losers to saying he's picked the players to then saying its up to him to get the best out of them to then saying he didn't actually chose the then saying he'll take full responsibility for the performances to now saying they aren't good enough. Worst manager in my lifetime a total rocket polisher.

Summed up pretty well.

Â