The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think Sherwood is a great appointment and he obviously does not mix his words, he calls a spade a spade.That shows backbone ( something Lambert was sadly lacking ) I am also quite confident that he will have stated as a condition that he wants/ needs a decent transfer kitty ( no more buying lower division players, well not wxclusevily anyway )a would not be suprised if we added some experiance to the team.

Come on Tim, show us what you and Aston Villa can do. 

Given Sherwood's limited career so far I can see him very much sticking with a youth policy.

There is nothing wrong with sticking with a youth policy.The problem has been that we have been relying 99% on youth.We need some older, experianced players on the pitch to give advice, show the youth the ropes.

Couldn't agree more. TS has already made what in think is good call - in that he won't be pitching youngsters into a relegation battle.

Moving forward - I am sure he would like to give Grealish more pitch time - my big concern is do we have any shinning lights in the youth team to promote ? - Donceian always looked a bit tasty based on the little ive seen of him - Robinson looks a bit short at prem level ....

So he is going to buy in promising youngsters?  - Hopefully its a mixture of youth of experience.

You wanted to keep lambert and defended the job he was doing all the time.

And now you're worried about us?

That makes no sense to me.

There is a valid point to be made about removing a manager with 10 years management experience. 3 years in the premier league with 2 clubs and never relegated. and replacing him with a manager with 4 months experience and no UEFA pro licence.

Not saying It necessarily bothers me much at this point, The King is dead, long live the King!! but I can understand why some people have misgivings. It is a MASSIVE gamble. but one the majority on here would agree needed to happen.

As Pacbuddies said yesterday, if hes the RIGHT man experience counts for little. but only time will tell.......

• Like 2

There is a valid point to be made about removing a manager with 10 years management experience. 3 years in the premier league with 2 clubs and never relegated. and replacing him with a manager with 4 months experience and no UEFA pro licence.

Not saying It necessarily bothers me much at this point, The King is dead, long live the King!! but I can understand why some people have misgivings. It is a MASSIVE gamble. but one the majority on here would agree needed to happen.

As Pacbuddies said yesterday, if hes the RIGHT man experience counts for little. but only time will tell.......

Careful, that's bordering on sensible!

Tactics are important, but imo so over talked about/analysed.

Fergie was quite a successful manager and I wouldn't say he had a preferred 'tactic'.

It's about 11 players v 11 players and the manager needs to fire them up.

Tim Sherwood will do that.

There is a valid point to be made about removing a manager with 10 years management experience. 3 years in the premier league with 2 clubs and never relegated. 

You could see it as a kindness - we made sure he didn't lose that record this season,.

• Like 2

There is a valid point to be made about removing a manager with 10 years management experience. 3 years in the premier league with 2 clubs and never relegated. 

You could see it as a kindness - we made sure he didn't lose that record this season,.

you got a valid point there too i reckon :)

If this appointment goes wrong, I think we will have at least been entertained, if not in all the right ways.

I love the comments he's making on the OS today. Sounds like we have someone who will tell it exactly how it is and the players will have no hiding place from now on and, let's face it, why should they be able to hide? They earn very good money for what they do and people who earn lots less pay a lot of money to go and watch them. The least those fans deserve is for the players to put in all their effort, which we all know hasn't been happening, certainly not with some of the players. Like I said before, he doesn't have the big, strength-in-depth, squad that Spurs had last season. So, isolating players from the starting line-up might leave us a bit weak overall. But, time will tell how we cope with that scenario, if it arises.

If the new gaffer needs his ego massaging in order to get him fired up, I can strongly recommend rousing renditions of Tim Sherwood's claret & blue army from the start against Stoke. I am sure that would go a long way to boosting his ego ;)

• Like 1

The much bigger gamble would have been to hope things would have got better under lambert.

Totally agree with that

I think everyone is behind him aren't they?

I guess it depends what it you mean by "behind him"? If you mean do I hope he will do well then yes of course. I will support him at games and give him the same chance I give every Villa manager

If you mean was I behind his appointment then no. He was near the bottom of the list of managers I would like to see here and I think he is a very risky appointment. I hope he works in the short term to give us the bounce we need, but I have real doubts about the stability of the club in the longer term under his leadership

I really really hope that he makes me eat my words

You need to give it a bit more thought then.  Support Lambert didn't mean that I wasn't worried about relegation.  From my point of view there was no-one available to us who stood out

I couldn't buy into the thinking that, literally, anyone would be better than Lambert but I would have supported getting rid of Lambert if we had someone better lined up

Sherwood might well turn out to be better but for me its a huge gamble - lets hope for all our sakes he proves me wrong

I must have missed your concern between posts that told us that lambert was doing a good job.

You seem so much more concerned now, which is the part i find strange when you think about how bad it was for so long.

The much bigger gamble would have been to hope things would have got better under lambert.

Indeed and Sherwood himself said there's some poor experienced managers out there.

Â