The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Players really let him down today. He can do very little about so many players giving no effort.

Wrong, he takes full responsibility for his players playing like headless chickens.
There was not enough effort for them to be labelled that. Standing around watching Arsenal play.

It's a clear mix of responsibility. It's insanely naive to say 'players let him down' as he has made mistakes today and in the run up.

Clearly wrong at HT, don't wait until we're 2-0 down to make the obvious change.

We crossed all game when it was clear it wasn't working. Change it.

Not resting anybody last week. Why give our key players 90 mins to lose to a relegated team and play like that today?

Players and manager alike were awful today.

• Like 2

Players really let him down today. He can do very little about so many players giving no effort.

Wrong, he takes full responsibility for his players playing like headless chickens.
There was not enough effort for them to be labelled that. Standing around watching Arsenal play.
So the fault lies at each individual player? It's down to the manager to have a good gameplan and have his players firing.

So the fault lies at each individual player? It's down to the manager to have a good gameplan and have his players firing.
Gameplan, yes. But if a player can't be bothered what can he do? Unless you genuinely believe he never asked them to give it their all.

The last 3 games have been a reality check for Sherwood and hopefully it will have highlighted the inadequacies in the team that he needs to address. 

• Like 1

The last 3 games have been a reality check for Sherwood and hopefully it will have highlighted the inadequacies in the team that he needs to address.

One could argue he hasn't learnt from it because it's got worse and worse over the last 3 games culminating in utter humiliation today.

• Like 2

I'm not talking bout Lambert but saying that I can't remember too many games where we only managed one off target shot under Lambert, dire performance from sherwood, as bad as it gets.

There were numerous games (just in this season alone) which entailed the same level of inpotency, one-dimensionalism and overall non-competativeness. It's just that when it happened under Lambert, it was either due to the 'restrictions he had to work under' or down to the players. A little consistancy would be nice.

• Like 1

One could argue he hasn't learnt from it because it's got worse and worse over the last 3 games culminating in utter humiliation today.

True, but at least over the summer he has the opportunity to change personnel to address some of the problems.

His only press response so far is: "They need to learn to be winners"

Think he is bang on to be honest, we looked like a bunch of losers out there today and I think the occasion completely overwhelmed the entire team. A lot of work to be done. 

• Like 2

I'm not talking bout Lambert but saying that I can't remember too many games where we only managed one off target shot under Lambert, dire performance from sherwood, as bad as it gets.

There were numerous games (just in this season alone) which entailed the same level of inpotency, one-dimensionalism and overall non-competativeness. It's just that when it happened under Lambert, it was either due to the 'restrictions he had to work under' or down to the players. A little consistancy would be nice.

Indeed, we have been just as vapid and insipid under Lambert this season, against worst opposition in the main, but there was always 'mitigating' circumstances. 

Big summer ahead for Sherwood

I've enjoyed watching us in the league under him, today just looked like our standard cup final peformance nowadays I'm afraid.

Big summer though, we've barely avoided relegation last few years and if we lose Vlaar, Cleverlyey and Benteke all in one go...that's a tough one.

It's a clear mix of responsibility. It's insanely naive to say 'players let him down' as he has made mistakes today and in the run up.

Clearly wrong at HT, don't wait until we're 2-0 down to make the obvious change.

We crossed all game when it was clear it wasn't working. Change it.

Not resting anybody last week. Why give our key players 90 mins to lose to a relegated team and play like that today?

Players and manager alike were awful today.

Agree.

Â