The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Made a few mistakes today but fair play for telling it how it is - there really is a losing mentality at Villa.

But how will that change withough serious investment?

It won't - I'm just saying that I'm glad he didn't mince his words. You're right in that very little will change without serious investment which in itself is incredibly unlikely under Lerner.

• Like 1

He'll be gone with the wind, before he has a chance to build a squad.

He'll only be gone if we get taken over.

Not going to happen anytime soon IMO

I think he'll be out the door if we get taken over. And if we don't get taken over he'll struggle to build a new squad with what money he'll get from Lerner. Even if we sell Benteke for £32M that's not much to revamp a whole team.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Can you imagine the conversation with Lerner when Tim finds out that he only gets £10m or so from the Benteke sale to reinvest? I also agree I can't see him being around here for a while under the current clown.

Made a few mistakes today but fair play for telling it how it is - there really is a losing mentality at Villa.

It won't - I'm just saying that I'm glad he didn't mince his words. You're right in that very little will change without serious investment which in itself is incredibly unlikely under Lerner.

Nah, we were absolute garbage today.  I thought we would lose (I think I put elsewhere that I'd rather have us playing any other team than Arsenal) but this was terrible.

Not about a lack of investment.  We played really well against Liverpool in the semi final but were nothing like today - it was terrible.

That was the end of my $5000 weekend trip from NYC.

5k$ to not see a shot on target. lols. i feel for you!    And theres people in match thread calling fans "over the top" and "pathetic" for being annoyed about today. 

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Sherwood did well to keep us up as did Lambert before him. But this idea that he performed some sort of miracle in doing so, is over played in my opinion, we were only in the drop zone on goal difference when he arrived.

And I'm willing to bet that if we somehow got taken over by the Man City owners with or without FFP we'd be signing a far better class of player than we would in a scenario where Lerner stays as the owner. Money talks.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

If he's a good manager, then you don't need "serious investment" the majority of clubs don't spend a massive amount of money (outside the top 6), even Spurs, didn't they make a net profit last summer? You have to buy well to sell on, to buy more to sell on, etc. Unfortunately that's how football is these days with FFP.

Sherwood did well to keep us up as did Lambert before him. But this idea that he performed some sort of miracle in doing so, is over played in my opinion, we were only in the drop zone on goal difference when he arrived.

Just ignore the fact we had scored about 1 goal in the previous 10 league games and were truly woeful going forward after that Hull game as we had been all season. Sherwood performed a **** miracle to keep us up.

• Like 2

Â