The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm not 100% a clause exists. I remember HairyHands saying specifically at the time that no buy out clause was inserted into the contract as did Lambert.

I think between the club and player it has been made known that there is enough interest from clubs he is interested in joining to make this summer the time when he moves on.

I think the club have set a fee which they know will be met and it has been dressed up as a clause for the fans benefit so the club can say they had no choice.

• Like 1

Austin, Heaton, Trippier, a new CB and Cleveley please

Wouldn't be the worst deals that, Austin would score goals, think he'd be a similar signing to Dion Dublin, Heaton has had a solid season and would give Guzan more competition than Given, I like Trippier and teams like Spurs and Southampton want him.

All those would probably cost 30m so more or less what Benteke will leave form.

I don't see us in relegation danger with those coming in to strengthen what we have presently.

A new CB is a must in the 10mill catagory though, not sure who

They don't always have to be that high a fee, Toby Alderwielder has had an excellent season for Southampton and they or others can sign him for I think 7m.

Vlaar only signed for 3m let's remember and for an international standard Centre back that's peanuts even if the injuries obviously bring that fee down.

Just use the loan market if needs be. I always smile on here when people get offended when we're linked or attempt to bring in loan players....while teams above us sign players like Victor Moses and Alex Song on loan without fuss.

Laursen was only 3m....you are right its quality first, fee second.

admittedly we can't always get away with it.....but the spine must have better quality.

And the calfs, hamstrings, knees, achilles etc ;)

What can the thinking possibly be behind Sherwood's comments about Benteke having a buy-out clause? Surely, on the face of it, it would seem to be a move that sours the air of optimism ahead of the final. It's certainly going to put a dampener on things for a lot of fans who see Benteke as our main hope of staying in the Premier League next season.

Is it that Sherwood knows that Benteke has a desire to leave the club this summer and thinks that, by announcing the buy-out clause, the fans will treat the game like a farewell to Benteke and that might bring one final excellent - maybe match-winning - performance out of the big man?

Whatever the reason, it seems really strange to bring this to light on the eve of our biggest game for a long time.

I'm probably going to get slaughtered for even thinking this, and I even cannot believe I am thinking it.

What if, Sherwood has already been told he only has something like, I don't know say £10m, to spend in the summer - plus any money he brings in from player sales - and he's throwing the Benteke buy-out clause into the open in the hope that it attracts a buyer. All done with the aim of giving him extra funds to spend in the summer.

Sounds crazy, I know! But, could it be that he is that cocky he thinks that he can afford to sell Benteke because he believes he can get a replacement in plus reinforcements with the transfer fee?

If that was to be the case, it would be one major gamble.

Lambert has already kind of implied there is a buyout clause :(

Where is the implication even "kind of" in those quotes?

the bit that he's surprised of the timing of it coming out. he's not surprised by there being a clause (which he would've been if he didn't know there was one) but rather the timing of the news breaking

• Like 2

Maybe TS is using the "Buyout Clause" to motivate Tekkers for tomorrow, it's his way of saying: "Look, you're on show in front of the whole world tomorrow, you want you're big move to a top, top club? Show them what you can do, if they meet the asking price you can go..."

• Like 1

Maybe TS is using the "Buyout Clause" to motivate Tekkers for tomorrow, it's his way of saying: "Look, you're on show in front of the whole world tomorrow, you want you're big move to a top, top club? Show them what you can do, if they meet the asking price you can go..."

Why would anyone need to be motivated for a cup final? Most likely is that Sherwood has verbal diarrhoea, judging from what I've seen of him.

• Like 1

Why would anyone need to be motivated for a cup final? Most likely is that Sherwood has verbal diarrhoea, judging from what I've seen of him.

Starting to think that too.

Tekkers has been superb and will get better but I see no reason at all for some of the panic. Plenty of teams above us didn't have anyone as good.

Also I recall at the time of his original possible transfer Lambert was asked what he would do if offered 20m....his answer was " I'd drive him there myself".

In short, 30 odd million would be great business all round....can do an awful lot with that plus a bit from Lerner. I would imagine Sherwood would be fine with him going .

As has already been said, if he has the buyout clause, teams, agents etc. already know! Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, my only hope is that the figure is inaccurate, either way if he wants to go he will anyway. Let's just hope we can convince him to stay for 1 more season and increase that clause even further. Worst case if we get 32.5 mill, and Genk get say 5 mill, 20 mill on top of that is still a decent wedge. Further more we don't even know if we are in the process of being taken over or not. Tom Fox is no fool!

• Like 4

Funny how people moaned that Lambert never said much, now people - hopeful?ly not the same ones - moaning that Sherwood says too much. Jet shows managers can't win.

As for the fuss about him giving away the clause detail.....does anybody really think this information wouldn't be known already by anyone who it affected !!!.....its a multimillion pound industry, does anyone really think all these clubs just went " oh my goodness, Tims let slip there's a release clause, change our bids quick !"

?

Doesn't mean motor mouth should bring it up on the eve of our biggest game for years.

As has already been said, if he has the buyout clause, teams, agents etc. already know! Stop making a mountain out of a molehill, my only hope is that the figure is inaccurate, either way if he wants to go he will anyway. Let's just hope we can convince him to stay for 1 more season and increase that clause even further. Worst case if we get 32.5 mill, and Genk get say 5 mill, 20 mill on top of that is still a decent wedge. Further more we don't even know if we are in the process of being taken over or not. Tom Fox is no fool!

Ive come round to the conclusion that I'm happy with the comments Sherwood made.

I would agree with this if it weren't for the comments a few weeks ago that no one can afford him. Why even say such a thing if there is buyout clause who Chelsea can match easily.

• Like 2

Â