The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

good we have too many bloody losers in the squad.

sherwood made a huge fundamental error, why did he play such a strong squad in a meaningless game against burnley? the game was pointless yet he still played our strong players when they clearly needed a rest. they looked tired today no doubt. bad error there. he will have to learn from that. if we did get europa imagine what would have happened?

shades of o'neill... 

• Like 3

...find different ways to play, which suits some of the boys who haven’t played today...

Gil? :P

Has he been on VT?

Otherwise, who's he on about?

Yes I was about to highlight that comment and who he was talking about. I suppose the obvious one is Scott Sinclair. In games we play 4-4-2 next season he'll start.

Fair point - to you and GeordieVillan.

Apologies to Sinclair as I'd forgotten about him. :blush:

I wonder if Sherwood's hoping to do a 'Football Manager', like most of us do when we start a game. Sell 8 or 10 players, get as much money as possible, move the 'budget adjustment' slider to its limits and try to bring in an almost completely new team :D

.... .......... ........ New GK

New RB.... Clark.... New CB.... New LB

.... New CM ...... Delph ...... New CM

New Forward ..... Grealish .... Sinclair

.. It could happen!

• Like 1

Yeah that was bad, doesnt mean sherwood ain't bad also.

If you mean he is a bad manager, then it's really too early to say. I'm not sure how you can reach a conclusive judgement on a manager that has yet to oversee a preseason or make a signing in his career. I know where you're coming from, I have my doubts in certain areas and I literally have no idea how he's going to fare next season. But ultimately he fully deserves the opportunity after retaining our Premier League status - he has done well enough for that to be the case.

I reckon he has decided to sell Benteke to fund his new acquisitions. This is why he mentioned the release clause. The timing wasn't great, but the announcement itself was deliberate. It has got the press taking about it and alerted clubs to his availability and price.

I suspect that Randy will give Tim £10-15m, and Tim wants to top this up by selling Benteke and as many of the others that he doesn't want as possible.

That will give him a £50m kitty at least. How far that will go, I'm not sure.

Edited by GeordieVillan

sherwood made a huge fundamental error, why did he play such a strong squad in a meaningless game against burnley? the game was pointless yet he still played our strong players when they clearly needed a rest. they looked tired today no doubt. bad error there. he will have to learn from that. if we did get europa imagine what would have happened?

shades of o'neill... 

I don't really believe he needed to rest anyone last week. Professional footballers should be able to play well twice in six days. Less than six and I'd agree with you.

I think we had some excited players in London on Friday night, whereas it was more business-as-usual for the Arsenal players. As a result I'd bet my house that the Arsenal team overall had much better sleep than the Villa. It certainly looked that way on the pitch.

Needs at the very least a full season and 2 transfer windows before we can really judge him.

shades of o'neill... 

I don't really believe he needed to rest anyone last week. Professional footballers should be able to play well twice in six days. Less than six and I'd agree with you.

I think we had some excited players in London on Friday night, whereas it was more business-as-usual for the Arsenal players. As a result I'd bet my house that the Arsenal team overall had much better sleep than the Villa. It certainly looked that way on the pitch.

Usually I would agree but against southampton they looked knackered. made no sense to play them in this game. was a odd decision to play them all against burnley. backfired on him in my eyes

A few gems again in this thread. No surprise.

Glad he said what he did and about too many losers last week. The players wearing this shirt have been on the whole abysmal for the last 4/5 years.

I think we've got the right man to come in and change things. Looking forward to seeing what he will do.

• Like 1

Westwood, Delph and Cleverley have played well, we strung some wins together, saving ourselves from the drop. Unfortunately they are now completely knackered and have been for the past 3 games. I don't think they could last an entire season playing this high tempo system. When it works it's great but when your players are tired you need to try something different. I hope Tim has some ideas of how to do this.

He got it wrong today dropping Bacuna for Hutton

I can see "why" but Hutton has clearly lost his way again following a promising start of the season

I'd question Givan over Brad as well but doubt there would have been a lot in it with either keeper

His 4 man diamond seems easy to counter and had been in every game the past few weeks , he doesn't seem to have a plan B ... But that could be down to the players around him rather than Sherwood tactics

I'm glad he kept us up and I'm glad he got us a day out at Wembley , but now he has to make his mark on the club and live up to his own hype ... I'm not entirely sure he has it in him to be honest , but he's earnt a season to prove me wrong

It was amatuer hour this evening.

We were outplayed, out thought and out classed

TS looked like a little boy lost with no answers to Arsenal.

I'm chuffed he came in and got us to safety however I think we'll be in the same shitty situation next season but without a Benteke to fire us out of it.

• Like 1

I'm chuffed he came in and got us to safety however I think we'll be in the same shitty situation next season but without a Benteke to fire us out of it.

He had no answers to one of the best teams in the league with paul Lambert's squad. Let's see what his squad is capable of

He had no answers to one of the best teams in the league with paul Lambert's squad. Let's see what his squad is capable of

I have my doubts over his tactical nous regardless of squad ablility.

I have my doubts over his tactical nous regardless of squad ablility.

Look at the team that played hull and look at the way we performed against man city, spurs, Everton, Liverpool, Sunderland, west ham and west brom. They're have been some poor performances as well but I've seen us play the best stuff in years under Sherwood. I'm confident once he gets his players in, the tactics and coaching will show results.

• Like 2

Â