The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We can rule out value for money on any future acquisitions as well

Especially now all in sundry exactly know how much money we are going to have to play with

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 1

If Lerner does the right thing we could be looking at spending £40 million this summer. I'm excited what we could pontentially do. Its all down to Lerner, this is a real test for how much he actually cares.

If Lerner does the right thing we could be looking at spending £40 million this summer. I'm excited what we could pontentially do. Its all down to Lerner, this is a real test for how much he actually cares.

And hoping the manager doesn't **** up either.

And hoping the manager doesn't **** up either.

I dont believe he's in full control of transfers, so yes as long as the money isn't wasted we should be looking good.

Austin, Heaton, Trippier, a new CB and Cleveley please

Wouldn't be the worst deals that, Austin would score goals, think he'd be a similar signing to Dion Dublin, Heaton has had a solid season and would give Guzan more competition than Given, I like Trippier and teams like Spurs and Southampton want him.

All those would probably cost 30m so more or less what Benteke will leave form.

I don't see us in relegation danger with those coming in to strengthen what we have presently. 

• Like 1

Wouldn't be the worst deals that, Austin would score goals, think he'd be a similar signing to Dion Dublin, Heaton has had a solid season and would give Guzan more competition than Given, I like Trippier and teams like Spurs and Southampton want him.

I don't see us in relegation danger with those coming in to strengthen what we have presently.

A new CB is a must in the 10mill catagory though, not sure who
  • Like 1

They don't always have to be that high a fee, Toby Alderwielder has had an excellent season for Southampton and they or others can sign him for I think 7m.

Vlaar only signed for 3m let's remember and for an international standard Centre back that's peanuts even if the injuries obviously bring that fee down.

Just use the loan market if needs be. I always smile on here when people get offended when we're linked or attempt to bring in loan players....while teams above us sign players like Victor Moses and Alex Song on loan without fuss.

They don't always have to be that high a fee, Toby Alderwielder has had an excellent season for Southampton and they or others can sign him for I think 7m.

Vlaar only signed for 3m let's remember and for an international standard Centre back that's peanuts even if the injuries obviously bring that fee down.

Just use the loan market if needs be. I always smile on here when people get offended when we're linked or attempt to bring in loan players....while teams above us sign players like Victor Moses and Alex Song on loan without fuss.

Laursen was only 3m....you are right its quality first, fee second.

admittedly we can't always get away with it.....but the spine must have better quality.

£40M to spend on the team isn't enough, if that team is without Benteke. Even with him we'd need to be spending at least £40M. It's going to be another battle to stay up next year.

£40M to spend on the team isn't enough, if that team is without Benteke. Even with him we'd need to be spending at least £40M. It's going to be another battle to stay up next year.

We really wouldn't.

Even if he does go £40m will be enough if it's used wisely.

Edited by Mantis

I don't really have an opinion on targets, amounts or strategies when it comes to transfers this off season. I understand the whole "need experience/quality" argument, just as I understand the "grab youth we can develop" argument, and the one that includes both.

Thing is, I don't know Sherwood as well as he knows himself. If he thinks he can get the best out of young English players from the lower leagues, who am I to argue? He probably can and it's good that he backs his own judgement. Alternatively, experienced non-english players might not take to his experience/methods/personality/whatever.

But I do know what I have seen from Villa since he took over and, for the most part, I like what I see. I'm willing to give him the chance to set us up next season without worrying too much over how we go about getting in the players to do it.

• Like 1

You expect a club with a turnover of £100m, who spends roughly £60m on wages, £20m on overheads and needs to break even, to spend £40m on transfer fees plus the additional wages those signings will bring.

hmmmm. 

I think he's said that the release clause is there in order to focus tekkers on the game tomorrow. 

You're on show tomorrow son, this is one of the most highly watched games in the world. Get on with it, etc.

• Like 1

We got Benteke for £7mil , Sevilla brought Bacca for 7mil , Bony to Swansea  £12 mil  Euro so there are player's out there with the correct scouting to be found we can use part of £32mil on and have cash left.

• Like 2

Â