Who cares anymore?

CVByrne

I went to watch Brentford tonight. My phone buzzed twice during the match but I knew they were goal alerts from the Hull game. I didn't check my phone until I got home. That's how much I care at the moment.

Villa will always be my team but right now, I'm thinking a trial separation is in order.

It annoys me when watching it but afterwards, you have to realise it's completely out of your control. 

It's Lerner's club really, it's Lerner's money, he doesn't care what we think, we're completely powerless and our opinions are completely meaningless to AVFC.

Relegation will hurt him a lot more than it will hurt us, and he seemingly doesn't care. So i'm not going to get worked up about it.

There's no point getting worked up over something you cannot change. 

It's supposed to be enjoyable, maybe going down and learning how to win football games will be entertaining. 

This is the healthiest attitude IMO. We really do need to remember that while it shouldn't be like this, football clubs are rich people's toys and just like everyone else, they get bored of their toys. Even though they or their parents spent a lot of money on it, they just don't want to play with it any more. 

If Lerner is prepared to accept losing hundreds of millions of pounds through the relegation that is very obviously coming up, there's nothing we can do about it. Once you fully accept total powerlessness - and I haven't managed it yet, but will be trying - maybe it'll be easier to reach a zen state of acceptance. 

Sometimes, when I stress about relegation, I think about a friend of the family who's a Wolves fan. He always talks, very genuinely, about how he wants to finish just outside the playoff places. He never wants to return to the Premier League, and his perfect season is finishing 8th (or, I guess, 3rd and going out early in the playoffs). At first I thought his attitude was a bit mental, but I've come to understand it. The Premier League has a lure, but in reality we're never even going to get close to winning it. FFP has made sure of that. So I'm increasingly attracted to the idea of being in, and staying in, a division where we at least win a few matches and score some goals. 

• Like 1

I do, always will.

This is like a dark cloud hanging over us but I'm f..ked if I'm going to let it get me down.

I have a mate who can't even speak to his family after a loss (Lambert's been his biggest nightmare lol) but I have always accepted that you can't win them all. We have all failed at times in our lives so it's not right to expect prefection from others when they make mistakes. That said this has gone long enough Lambert is clueless how to pick this team up and has to go ASAP.

So I'm increasingly attracted to the idea of being in, and staying in, a division where we at least win a few matches and score some goals. 

This. I'd rather Villa play decent, entertaining football, score some goals, and win more than they lose than be down the bottom third of the PL every year

• Like 3

Been really desperate to stay up the last few years thinking if we can just hold on, we'll kick on next year. Now I know we won't. If we stay up this year, next year will be the same. If we stay up next year, the year after will be the same. So let's just get it over with and go down and see what happens. **** the lot of them.

• Like 1

I stressed over the relegation battle in Lamberts first season - as I thought if we could survive it be a prelude to better things....sadly I was wrong,  Last season there was the prospect of the takeover if we stayed up....

But now there is nothing, either a relegation battle in 2015/6 - or maybe winning a few games in the championship (although I fear the club is in such state off the field this isn't guaranteed)

Lambert won't be sacked and we'll stumble along and probably avoid relegation on the 2nd last day.

Not this time...

It really is depressing now though and becoming a chore to even stream the game          

This. We have to be the worst team in the league to watch. It's like eyeball torture tuning in for a Villa game. 

Edited by villa89

My arsenal supporting housemate was the only one checking the scores yesterday and updating me whilst I just sat there watching a film and ignoring the fact the game was even happening. I'd never have done that in the past but my free time on a weekday is precious and I'm not going to waste it watching a bunch of millionaires play like clearings in the woods because of the morons that run the club. It just brings me down and I've completely had enough

• Like 1

I care. 

I **** hate watching this shit but here I am on the other side of the world, waking up at a godforsaken hour of the morning, again, to put myself through it. 

Same here, I work in Bangkok and sit next to a Bluenose (what are the odds of that?!?)... I'm sick of it personally... Its not fair...

This is all Lerners fault... If he hadn't been so f**king selfish and funded MO'N and let the build continue instead of cacking his pants when Man City went on their spending spree, this would never of happened... The last 5 years would have been so much different...

Hate him... Bollocks to anyone related to the Lerner family...

... you have to realise it's completely out of your control. 

It's Lerner's club really, it's Lerner's money, he doesn't care what we think, we're completely powerless and our opinions are completely meaningless to AVFC.

...There's no point getting worked up over something you cannot change. 

It's supposed to be enjoyable, maybe going down and learning how to win football games will be entertaining. 

Zackly - relegation means some footballers get to do footballing on some different bits of grass.

Cry me a river.

I used to think relegation would be devastating but I'm slightly changing. I'd be more upset if Lambert remains as manager than if we were relegated.

Lambert in charge next year and I don't renew my ST for the first time in around 17 years.

He's gone and I'm there what ever division we end up in.

I wish I could turn it off. It hurts too much. Stuck with it sadly.

**** it. Bring on the Championship.

Bring on Sheffield Wednesday away.

Bring on most sides coming to Villa Park and parking the bus hoping desperately to leave with a 0-0.

I can't wait to be in the away end going nuts as we nick a last minute equaliser to take a point home from Ashton Gate.

It's been a rough week or two or 20. But here are 10 reasons for an AVFC supporter to have hope:

1. You're not a Nose.

2. We're not relegated YET. That's a fact.

3. Gil.

4. The feelings of supporters are more united than I can recall.

5. We have a run of winnable fixtures ahead of us.

6. We can now say we're legitimate "underdogs." Yay!

7. There's some great dark wit and gallows humour on Villa Talk.

8. No matter how bad things get, there will always be some sad fool Villan who will see the bright side.

9. It's not YOUR millions of ££££££ that will be lost if we get the drop.

10. If we go down, cheap replica kits!!!! 

Edited by Shifted To Neutral
  • Like 1

... you have to realise it's completely out of your control. 

...There's no point getting worked up over something you cannot change. 

Zackly - relegation means some footballers get to do footballing on some different bits of grass.

Cry me a river.

For me it means slightly more as the games will not be televised so I and many fans around the world  will not be able to watch the matches anymore. Crappy streams are better than nothing.

Oh and anyone suggesting I listen to Captain Jacks commentaries can kindly jog on. 

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Â