Who cares anymore?

CVByrne

Tonight I realised why I get so angry. I go into every game waiting for a turnaround. It never comes. It's not coming. It's over. Make peace with it and go on with your lives.

Aston Villa, it's like being a father and trying to save your son from a path to self destruction you know you can never do. You want to help by getting him to rehab, giving him advice, giving him your hard earned money in the hope he'll use it for food, but know he'll end up dead regardless. 

This is the final season in this club's life for many people. Either it's saved and the poison is removed for good or it's doomed and gone and it's the end of it all.

It annoys me when watching it but afterwards, you have to realise it's completely out of your control. 

It's Lerner's club really, it's Lerner's money, he doesn't care what we think, we're completely powerless and our opinions are completely meaningless to AVFC.

Relegation will hurt him a lot more than it will hurt us, and he seemingly doesn't care. So i'm not going to get worked up about it.

There's no point getting worked up over something you cannot change. 

It's supposed to be enjoyable, maybe going down and learning how to win football games will be entertaining. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

I can't see us surviving, there's giving a manager time and there's what we're doing, it's been disgusting.

The players are clueless, the tactics are pointless, the performances are stagnant. It's been a disaster since the contract reward at the start of the season and he has to go, but there's noone to take over! 

We could do a Newcastle but that'd probably send us down anyway.

This is the final season in this club's life for many people. Either it's saved and the poison is removed for good or it's doomed and gone and it's the end of it all.

Overreaction much? We'll still be around this time next year, albeit in the Championship probably.,

Well we've been down before and come back stronger. I agree that relegation could be the catalyst for something good. Anything is better than this malaise.

Don't agree. Relegation as a kind of club therapy is too big of a gamble. We could be down for years -- decades. We could slip down and down. It must not happen!

• Like 1

I care, it really hurts to see where we are as a club at the moment, with the two most important people in charge failing miserably at their jobs. Relegation would be a disaster for us but Lerner honestly deserves to lose out on his investment, he deserves to be hit where it will actually hurt him, his pocket. 

Sacking Lambert will be our best, maybe only chance of survival but I don't think those who can make that decision have the balls, nor does Lambert to resign. The next few days will probably answer that. 

And I don't care if Lambert is this likeable guy, he is not a likeable football manager as he is doing a incredibly bad job at it. We have to sack him now, I'd be furious if he walked in 3-4 games time when it would be too late, he almost deserves to still be at the club if we do get relegated. 

Overreaction much? We'll still be around this time next year, albeit in the Championship probably.,

If we are relegated I'd use it as the catalyst for me to end this association to a sport I've long since stopped enjoying. 

I know theres all the financial reasons why going down is damaging for the club. But if it means we get rid of Lerner and Lambert i'll take it. If we stay up this season it'll be the same next year. We will never compete in this league, it would take a billionaire takeover to get anywhere near the top 8.

Couldn't give a ****. Partly because of the malaise the club has induced and partly because of the state of Premier League football. We go down and what!? What happens? We still have a club to support. It'll be in a lower division against inferior opposition but so what? What are we doing in the Premier League!? We are also rans before a ball is even kicked. We've got NO chance of winning the league. None.

It's a pointless competition but it gets treated like the be all and end all. It's not. It's bullshit and I couldn't care less if we spend years in the so called wilderness. This is the wilderness; this sub league, in a pointless competition we barely compete in each season, is the absolute definition of it. Aspiring for sixth or eight is a joke, but this is what fans of most PL clubs have been reduced to.

Maybe in the other wilderness we'd actually have SOME chance of winning it instead of NO chance whatsoever.

• Like 1

I'll still be going to the Aston Social for a few drinks each game next season whether we're in the Championship or the Premier League.

What will be will be. 

i dont know if i will be, ive only got the season ticket now cos it makes it so much easier to get away tickets, i dont need a season ticket to get in to VP we never sell out, if we get huge numbers away in the championship then i'll make a judgement on it, if i can pick an choose 15+ away games next year then i'll knock the season ticket on the head and just go away

We all care but what can we do about it.  The heads of the club are unmoved by our complaints, they are gutless and it's endemic throughout the entire team

Two options, stay away and speak with your feet or turn up and protest prior to the match.  Either way at least the team won't get any negative support despite the shower they are

In my opinion Lerner needs to be hit where it hurts him most so I will continue to stay away

Edited by Tubby

Â