Who cares anymore?

CVByrne

To be honest, if none of you care anymore then there's more choice of seat for me. Bonus.

I care just as much as I ever have. Within reason of course, I'm not a wide eyed 10 year old anymore. The game may have changed, it's expensive and what not, but it's still football. Je suis Aston Villa.

Agree with this

Top post blandy. For me it's similar. I used to be so passionate, I remember when we blew the 2-0 lead against Stoke back under MON and that literally ruined my day, it was up there with Stern Johns equaliser in most horrible moments that would define your mood for a weekend.

But since Eck took over coincided with my year off travelling I never really got back to the connection and passion of the MON days. I attribute it to a few things, firstly football is a boring sport to watch. Strange thing to say but it is. IT can't compared to Rugby in engagement, for most of the match nothing happens.

Combine that to the turgid stuff we've seen for the past 4 years and it's not hard to understand my disaffection. Villa will always be there, you can't be brought up with Shoot and Match posters of Deano on your wall to just have a clean break from it. But what hurts me more Leinster losing in Rugby or Villa losing in football, no question it's Leinster. Saturdays is about horse racing not football for me, racing is on tv. I never watch match of the day, I've probably seen less than half of Villas goals this season (all 12 of them).

That's the way things go. Football is a closed shop and all the money about is ruining it not making it any better tbh.

May i ask, why do you even post on this forum if you feel this way? You're only a fan when times are good, is that what you're saying? That stoke game killed us as a football club, we never really recovered from it but c'est la vie Edited by sir_gary_cahill

On a side note, Hereford United were wound up owing £168000. The whole town lost its club for half the weekly wage of Wayne Rooney. Football is ****. The new premier league deal works out at £10,000,000 per game, how much of this will filter down to the lower leagues, I don't know, but I can bet that it will be a shitload less than what ends up in agents and "top" players bank accounts.

This little nugget sums it all up for me. Also blandy's post. Superb. Could not have put it better myself.

Top post blandy. For me it's similar. I used to be so passionate, I remember when we blew the 2-0 lead against Stoke back under MON and that literally ruined my day, it was up there with Stern Johns equaliser in most horrible moments that would define your mood for a weekend.But since Eck took over coincided with my year off travelling I never really got back to the connection and passion of the MON days. I attribute it to a few things, firstly football is a boring sport to watch. Strange thing to say but it is. IT can't compared to Rugby in engagement, for most of the match nothing happens.Combine that to the turgid stuff we've seen for the past 4 years and it's not hard to understand my disaffection. Villa will always be there, you can't be brought up with Shoot and Match posters of Deano on your wall to just have a clean break from it. But what hurts me more Leinster losing in Rugby or Villa losing in football, no question it's Leinster. Saturdays is about horse racing not football for me, racing is on tv. I never watch match of the day, I've probably seen less than half of Villas goals this season (all 12 of them).That's the way things go. Football is a closed shop and all the money about is ruining it not making it any better tbh.

May i ask, why do you even post on this forum if you feel this way? You're only a fan when times are good, is that what you're saying? That stoke game killed us as a football club, we never really recovered from it but c'est la vie

Don't **** start with the better fan ****. If you can't see what he is saying then more fool you.

Top post blandy. For me it's similar. I used to be so passionate, I remember when we blew the 2-0 lead against Stoke back under MON and that literally ruined my day, it was up there with Stern Johns equaliser in most horrible moments that would define your mood for a weekend.But since Eck took over coincided with my year off travelling I never really got back to the connection and passion of the MON days. I attribute it to a few things, firstly football is a boring sport to watch. Strange thing to say but it is. IT can't compared to Rugby in engagement, for most of the match nothing happens.Combine that to the turgid stuff we've seen for the past 4 years and it's not hard to understand my disaffection. Villa will always be there, you can't be brought up with Shoot and Match posters of Deano on your wall to just have a clean break from it. But what hurts me more Leinster losing in Rugby or Villa losing in football, no question it's Leinster. Saturdays is about horse racing not football for me, racing is on tv. I never watch match of the day, I've probably seen less than half of Villas goals this season (all 12 of them).That's the way things go. Football is a closed shop and all the money about is ruining it not making it any better tbh.

May i ask, why do you even post on this forum if you feel this way? You're only a fan when times are good, is that what you're saying? That stoke game killed us as a football club, we never really recovered from it but c'est la vie
Don't **** start with the better fan ****. If you can't see what he is saying then more fool you.
In my opinion, you're either a fan for life or not at all, there's no in between, i didn't say that i was a better fan than him, where did i say that? I don't know where you got that idea from Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I care otherwise I wouldn't be here on a villa forum or watching every game but I don't really get disheartened by a loss anymore because it is practically the norm. I just laugh at us, like everyone else does because I do feel like the club I support is a bit of a joke at the moment. I know the Facebook page can't but just reading the posts from that when things were so bad and they were just saying things are great here or putting and sly spin on each match, same goes for Lambert. Some times I feel, honesty is the best medicine. The players need to look in the mirror and realise they're playing like absolute crap. Benteke has been god awful, fans and pundits criticised Lambert for dropping him but he doesn't move at all, nor does Gabby (who has never been an intelligent football player lets be honest)

Funnily enough Bent who is a clever player with runs or even maybe a Kozak who has good movement and gets into important positions would be great now we have some creativity on the wings but we'll see.

Worried about the new manager, such uncertain times.

Fingers crossed we pull through and survive. UTV

Brilliant post Pete.  I haven't been on here for years and feel much the same as you do.  I will always support them but when the only aim each season is to avoid relegation then whats the point.

I know many other fans that feel exactly the same and those at other clubs as well  Most of my family are Baggies fans and they say the same

I endured the misery of Divsn 2 in the 60s and the fun ?? of Divsn 3 after that.

I will always try to get to a game when I come over but it was mostly to meet with friends ( you included)

I'm over in April   may go to the QPR game but only if a few others show up and we can make a day of it

Peter in Boston

• Like 2

...I will always try to get to a game when I come over but it was mostly to meet with friends ( you included)

I'm over in April   may go to the QPR game but only if a few others show up and we can make a day of it

Thanks, and yeah, that's the only part of it that I miss - the pre match chats in the pub and so on, the catching up with friends from far and wide. But tbh as the whole game has changed, much of that has pretty much withered away.

Might as well do that when there's not a game, as when there is, these days.

I care as in as much I want us to see do well and win games. I get annoyed when we lose and may vent on here every now and again. However, it doesn't have a huge impact on my life anymore. There are much more important things in life... family, friends and your health (a topic close to my chest at the minute!) for starters.

I have no control over football so try not to let it ruin my day or weekend. I get more enjoyment out of listening to great music, watching a wonderful film or travelling around the world with my friends. Football is still on my list, but a long way behind other things now. 

• Like 1

I haven't written much in a while, but I most certainly do care a great deal. And I am truly very, very worried right now. I have a strong feeling that this is it. We're going down. I feared it before the season got underway as it felt like a relegation would really mess with Lerner's plans to sell us. So naturally we'll go down. Hull kind of sealed it for me. I naturally hope and believe we still have a chance to stay up, but that fire won't be properly lit unless we can string together a few decent results.

Id hope everyone that posts here accepts that they care, otherwise why spend the time in your life doing something as pointless as sharing words across the internet?

I couldnt agree more with the earlier posts about the premier league/champions league era just ruining all that was wonderful about the oldest league in the world except the bit about it making me not care. It hurts watching clubs like Hereford fold in the football league while the FA walks off with loads of money. It hurts watching the moneymen change the rules to galvanise the status quo.  But it only hurts because I wish it weren't so.

Â