Carles Gil

bose

Carles signed up for the Villa project! 

Nah he signed up for some guaranteed game time before we make him a great player and Valencia activate his buy back clause  ;)

;) Valencia are our feeder club! Seriously is Gil the first piece of the jigsaw to get us back up the league?

Edited by GENTLEMAN

He's not too good for us, he's an element we've missed for so long we've convinced ourselves they don't exist. Throughout our history we've had players who can run with the ball, take people on and pick a pass.

I hope Gil maintains this impressive start and continues to develop, he's still young.

Is up there with benteke two years ago.

Massive credit for whoever spotted him and convinced him to join.

You mean, Paul Lambert? 

You don't think we have a scouting network?

I'm not questioning that. But ultimately it is down to the manager to convince them to join and sign them. 

Is up there with benteke two years ago.

Massive credit for whoever spotted him and convinced him to join.

You mean, Paul Lambert?

You don't think we have a scouting network?

I'm not questioning that. But ultimately it is down to the manager to convince them to join and sign them.

I'd imagine there's a few people involved, including Lambert and fox.

I'm sure Lambert has the final say on whether we sign him or not so credit for that. But I wouldn't assume he was the sole person who spotted him and convinced him to join.

• Like 1

He clearly has quick feet and loads of ability....The acid test will be, can the manager and his coaching staff  harness that guile in to galvanising the rest of the team to better results.

My worry is we have some decent players, we just don't play as a team.

Edited by TRO

A great piece of skill, and cross with his right foot for our goal. Well done Carles, a breath of fresh air in this very stale season. We just need a few others to start performing, so that we are not putting it all on this young lad and hopefully we can get enough results to get us to safety.

Â