Carles Gil

bose

He was our best player by a mile but then you look at the performances of the Arsenal players and you think is he in their league?

I genuinely believe he can be. 

He isn't but Arsenal are top 3 standard for goodness sake, we're happy nowadays not to be bottom 3 standard.

He was the only bright spot for me, our few good moves and attacks came with him as the main spark so I think he's going to be a good player for us although maybe more so at VP than awaty.

He was our best player by a mile but then you look at the performances of the Arsenal players and you think is he in their league?

The difference is they have 10 other players like him

I'm sure with better players around him and the right coaching he could be even better

• Like 1

Best debut I've seen for a long time and what a brilliant brilliant goal

However, and I know I'm going to get crucified for this, not a moan as such but a concern, my only downside is that Gil needs to make sure that he is as effective when we don't have the ball as he clearly is when we are in possession. It wasn't terrible by any means but there were occasions when he was slow to get into shape. Chelsea expect it of Hazard for example and we must expect it from Gil.

We can get away someone not working back in a 4-5-1 but need it if we go 4-4-2 otherwise we will get overrun

Can I just say.....bollocks to that! (edit: in the nicest possible way!)

Just do what you do best Carles.

We don't need the creativity and difference coaching out of him just yet.  We've got a teamful of industrious cloggers, I do actually get what you mean, but for now let's just let him scare the bejaysus out of other teams.

Great going forward...needs to be as reiable when we havent got the ball

Not sure how I feel about him out wide, he is quality though.

He shouldn't be playing out wide unless he drifts there. He should be behind Benteke and others should be playing out wide, with Delph and one of Sanchez or Westwood behind Gil.

Â