Carles Gil

bose

You mean weird that he just signed under Lambert and now it's Sherwood? I suppose it would be a bit strange, but all the players are in a similar boat really.

Certainly seems like a good player to me. Great attacking mentality, and seems like a likeable chap (although ive only ever read translated interviews), if he keeps scoring and assisting he won't upset too many people.

Any competent manager should be relishing working with this lad. Credit to Lambert (and/or) the scouting system is due for plucking him out. He has hit the ground running and is technically a class act. I must admit I had never heard of him before we signed him. In fact the image in my head of someone called Charles Gill was something like this:

ENG26058909901.jpg

Brian May?!

• Like 4

Carles is a guy who skipped past Oscar and Ramires against Chelsea and scored that magnificent goal against Bournemouth.

Really hope Sherwood creates a style of play and organises the team to use his considerable talents.

In Lambert's last days here he was the one bright spot at the whole club. To do that so quickly and so young, what a terrific player.

as I mentioned the other day his situation is similar to Eriksen at Spurs when Sherwood took over. He wasnt really utilised in his best position until he was put behind the striker and maybe same will happen to Carles

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing where he plays under Sherwood. I'd like to see him have a fairly free role to be honest. I think he's probably, other than Benteke, one of the only players where you can see a single piece of skill creating something for us.

Looking forward to seeing where he plays under Sherwood. I'd like to see him have a fairly free role to be honest. I think he's probably, other than Benteke, one of the only players where you can see a single piece of skill creating something for us.

he's been awesome so far, but he needs to stop taking corners

he's been awesome so far, but he needs to stop taking corners

Probably still better than Westwood's floaty corners, 9/10 of westy's are just a total waste.

• Like 1

Any commentator/pundit I have seen or heard comments on how poor our free kicks, corners, and crosses are.

These are very basic skills. Surely all that is needed is a bit of application in training and repetitive practice.

It is not as if the player is being tackled at the time of taking them. Cannot understand why this has been a problem for so long.

These are very basic skills. Surely all that is needed is a bit of application in training and repetitive practice.

I always thought that if I was a manager whoever was the nominated set pieces taker(s) (free's, peno's, corners) would have to stay behind after training and spend 30 mins everyday taking set pieces. When I take a corner in local games I don't hit the first man at the near post, and I'm shite. For a professional footballer to do it, it's farcical.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 1

Â