Carles Gil

bose

Will be interesting to see how he adapts when he has one/two players constantly marking him.

but then they have to worry about tekkers. its very dodgey having double up on two players, that creates more space for our other players

if anything Chelsea had 2 players on him at times though Hazard not the most defensive minded or skilled but he went easily past Azpilicueta and Matic at times and cant say many others have done the same this season

He was possibly the best of a very bad bunch tonight, but he was being played far too deep, most of his good work was on the halfway line or our own half.

Absolutely ridiculous how far he was expected to back track last night. Also kept picking up possession in deep areas - maybe so he could carry the ball up and take on players but still too deep in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Any competent manager should be relishing working with this lad. Credit to Lambert (and/or) the scouting system is due for plucking him out. He has hit the ground running and is technically a class act. I must admit I had never heard of him before we signed him. In fact the image in my head of someone called Charles Gill was something like this:

ENG26058909901.jpg

I think Gil can become a deadly attacking mid under the right manager. He shouldn't be given as many defensive responsibilities. It's difficult for any player to create when he receives the ball consistently in his own half. 

I think Gil can become a deadly attacking mid under the right manager. He shouldn't be given as many defensive responsibilities. It's difficult for any player to create when he receives the ball consistently in his own half. 

Noticed Lambert had him tracking back an defending already in the Hull game. :angry:  Lambert out......................! Oh his gone :)

Â