Carles Gil

bose

Wowsers! Pick that one out! Maybe Carles Gil is the saviour after all, as his first goal in English football has the fans inside Villa Park off their seats!

He picks it up on the counter, wide on the right, cuts inside the full-back and then shoots, lofting a curling effort right into the top corner from at least 25 yards. He took it so early, it was inspired stuff.

Paul Lambert blows out his cheeks. What a relief, what a goal, what a signing?

BBC live text coverage: http://www.bbc.com/sport/live/football/30765839

Ridiculous goal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; when Lambert gets a bit of money to spend on a player, he gets it right. He might be a dreadful tactician but he knows how to find good players.

• Like 3

Ridiculous goal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; when Lambert gets a bit of money to spend on a player, he gets it right. He might be a dreadful tactician but he knows how to find good players.

It would be interesting to know the set up we have in this regards.  Will we be able to continue to sign these types of players once lambert has left? I'd hope we have the kind of set up now that won't see ridiculous changes in players we look to sign every time a new manager comes in.

Â