Carles Gil

bose

So after Gil's 30 minute cameo he's worth 20 million?

Please don't get carried away the guy has literally got here

From what I've read so far he's the second coming of mortimer dribbles like Zidane and has the touch of bergkamp does he also have the aerial prowess of Bierhoff?

Sounds like we have some player on our hands

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 4

So after Gil's 30 minute cameo he's worth 20 million?

Please don't get carried away the guy has literally got here

From what I've read so far he's the second coming of mortimer dribbles like Zidane and has the touch of bergkamp does he also have the aerial prowess of Bierhoff?

Sounds like we have some player on our hands

We need some positive to hold onto, we have **** all else!

Is there any other fans in the country who hype up their players as much as we do based on so little?

Probabaly not. But no other professional football team in the country (nearly), has scored less than 11 goals in 22 games this season. WE NEED HOPE!

Remember when Sanchez made his first appearance and did this...

bfylt_zps721b487d.gif

That was his first touch of the ball and everyone got carried away saying he was a demi-god... and it turned out not so good. Now don't get me wrong, he's doing a hell of a lot better now, but he's taken time.

I think the same needs to be said for Gil. He might turn out to be excellent from the off... but let's be a little patient this time and see how things develop... because I've seen a few saying he's the "messiah" already and that's a bit daft after only 30 mins :ph34r:

However, I'm genuinely excited and part of me says he's going to become a Villa legend... but I'm restraining myself. Time will tell.

Edited by F-87
  • Like 2

bfylt_zps721b487d.gif

I remember the commentator's words exactly: "What a pass that is for his first touch in a Villa shirt."

I think I actually wept a tear of joy.

(and not from my willy, you sick bastards)

Edited by CrackpotForeigner
  • Like 3

To be fair we got him cheaply as his contract expired at the end of the season. He has a four year deal here so probably is worth 10-12 million now.

His contract with Valencia didn't expire till summer 2016. 

I have commented on this thread before as I am an expat Elche season ticket so know this player very will indeed, and don't misunderstand what I might say below because I like him, he has excellent potential. But....

He was surplus to requirements at Valencia, they sold him so they could strengthen their squad in other areas plus they have a similar player to him on loan at Cordoba who, IMV and probably theirs, is better.

No way on earth is Carles currently worth more than Villa paid for him. In fact, at this moment he's not worth even that because (again IMHO) you overpaid based on the risk. He's a good, skilfull, classy looking player but even at crisis-hit Elche you won't find many fans who were desperate to keep him. In fact the club's forum has made comparisons all season with his replacement and you would be hard- pressed to find a fan who didn't think his replacement (called Victor Rodriguez) has been better for us.

This is not to say he won't make it and be worth a king's ransom in two years, but honestly, as much as  I joined this forum to keep tabs on Villa's growing list of our former players (do you need a keeper? You can get Caballero from Man City), you're all getting carried away.

• Like 2

bfylt_zps721b487d.gif

That was his first touch of the ball and everyone got carried away saying he was a demi-god... and it turned out not so good. Now don't get me wrong, he's doing a hell of a lot better now, but he's taken time.

I think the same needs to be said for Gil. He might turn out to be excellent from the off... but let's be a little patient this time and see how things develop... because I've seen a few saying he's the "messiah" already and that's a bit daft after only 30 mins :ph34r:

However, I'm genuinely excited and part of me says he's going to become a Villa legend... but I'm restraining myself. Time will tell.

What are you talking about? Sanchez IS a demi-god  ;)

To be fair we got him cheaply as his contract expired at the end of the season. He has a four year deal here so probably is worth 10-12 million now.

His contract with Valencia didn't expire till summer 2016. 

I have commented on this thread before as I am an expat Elche season ticket so know this player very will indeed, and don't misunderstand what I might say below because I like him, he has excellent potential. But....

He was surplus to requirements at Valencia, they sold him so they could strengthen their squad in other areas plus they have a similar player to him on loan at Cordoba who, IMV and probably theirs, is better.

No way on earth is Carles currently worth more than Villa paid for him. In fact, at this moment he's not worth even that because (again IMHO) you overpaid based on the risk. He's a good, skilfull, classy looking player but even at crisis-hit Elche you won't find many fans who were desperate to keep him. In fact the club's forum has made comparisons all season with his replacement and you would be hard- pressed to find a fan who didn't think his replacement (called Victor Rodriguez) has been better for us.

This is not to say he won't make it and be worth a king's ransom in two years, but honestly, as much as  I joined this forum to keep tabs on Villa's growing list of our former players (do you need a keeper? You can get Caballero from Man City), you're all getting carried away.

Different league mate and although Elche might now have a better attacking midfielder than we have until Gil signed we didn't have one so if only for that reason he is an improvement for us.

I agree that after 30mins game time for Villa his value hasn't gone up but he looked like he want's to get the team going forward. After 20 odd games of watching Cleverley go backwards and sidewards it was a relief to watch a player at least try to get things happening.

As you have seen him play far more than any of us I'm interested to know what you believe are the weak points to his game are which makes you think we are getting carried away, not trying to argue with you just interested to know.

Â