Carles Gil

bose

He's only played half hour and I feel as if he's already my favourite player.

I know, I kind of feel the same. He arrived here with a smile on his face, and then he went out and played without fear, constantly moving and making things happen. I hope we found a little treasure in Carles.

That 3rd clip - I didn't even notice that during the game.  That is such a good take :o

I'm glad there's a clip of that. I remember watching it at the time and not being quite sure what I'd seen. Not just showboating either, it gets him away from his man. Last player who could do that so calmly? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKKycIOxYE

I can only conclude that this means they are of similar abilities

• Like 2

That 3rd clip - I didn't even notice that during the game.  That is such a good take :o

I'm glad there's a clip of that. I remember watching it at the time and not being quite sure what I'd seen. Not just showboating either, it gets him away from his man. Last player who could do that so calmly? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaKKycIOxYE

I can only conclude that this means they are of similar abilities

Apparently all Latin footballers can do this and it's simply that us English pig dogs with our kick and rush football that are not used to such talent. From this I can conclude that both Zidane and Gil are equally average footballers. 

Or back on planet earth, that's some skill by our Gil. Woof. 

can't remember the last player with carles ability at the club.it's nice seeing a player with vision and movement.

Remember benteke getting everyone on there feet?

I do. He did it a couple of weeks ago.

I think its ridiculous the way he is being written off. But that's for a different thread.

I wouldn't say he's been written off, but there were people talking about him being world class a couple of months ago. He's not been looking anywhere near that standard for weeks now, and he's in serious danger of being labelled a one-season wonder.

On topic, delight with Gil's debut. If he can play anywhere near Saturday's level, then we've got a cracking little player on our hands. For all Lambert's faults, if Randy actually gives him £3m+ for a player then he comes up with the goods. I don't know why more English clubs don't get more players from Spain that play for the smaller La Liga clubs to be quite honest - unless they play for Real or Barca, their salary is relatively low so most english teams could offer to double the player's wages, and still fit it into their wage structure. Plus the fact that Their superior technical ability compared to British players is embarrassing to be quite honest!

The irony is that if he was British, he would probably cost 4 times the price. It's laughable!

I liked it when he pushed Sterling to the floor. (Was it Sterling?... And was it Gil?)

I want to see a gif of that.

It was Sanchez.

To be fair Sanchez and gill do look a like.

Lol twins?????

Gil and Sanchez both look really good players but Lambert does love Westwood and Gabby.

If Gil can get this team to create chances then we may stay up, plenty of pressure on his shoulders but he looked like he enjoyed it against Liverpool.

I hope he starts against Bournemouth and really takes his chance that way not even Lambert can be stupid enough to leave him out.

Maybe he was listening on the radio and he just heard a Spanish guy pushing Sterling on the floor and assumed it was Sanchez? Eh, ever thought of that? Didn't think so.

OK. I was only joking with him. I wasn't having a go.

I liked it when he pushed Sterling to the floor. (Was it Sterling?... And was it Gil?)

I want to see a gif of that.

It was Sanchez.

To be fair Sanchez and gill do look a like.

Lol twins?????

Gil and Sanchez both look really good players but Lambert does love Westwood and Gabby.

If Gil can get this team to create chances then we may stay up, plenty of pressure on his shoulders but he looked like he enjoyed it against Liverpool.

I hope he starts against Bournemouth and really takes his chance that way not even Lambert can be stupid enough to leave him out.

Lambert just bought the guy, why would he want to leave him out?

• Like 3

Gill doing the Macarena dance for all the other players!! they are loving it :D check out the laughs!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-video-carles-gil-8487032

Not only does Carles Gil have the moves in the middle of the Aston Villa midfield, he also knows his way around the macarena.

The traditional Aston Villa initiation saw the new Spanish midfielder take to a chair in front of his Villa peers to sing the famous Spanish dance song.

He also threw in the moves too before promptly jumping off the chair to the cheers of his team-mates.

The video was captured by Fabian Delph and posted on Instagram
Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 1

Gill doing the Macarena dance for all the other players!! they are loving it :D check out the laughs!!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-video-carles-gil-8487032

Not only does Carles Gil have the moves in the middle of the Aston Villa midfield, he also knows his way around the macarena.

The traditional Aston Villa initiation saw the new Spanish midfielder take to a chair in front of his Villa peers to sing the famous Spanish dance song.

He also threw in the moves too before promptly jumping off the chair to the cheers of his team-mates.

Brilliant! Seemed like a good atmosphere in there too.

• Like 1

Brilliant! Seemed like a good atmosphere in there too.

deffo mate, can see in video Carlos Sanchez laughing away with the lads as well over Gil's version of Macarena which is nice to see!! seems like they all get on which is good... let's hope Gil settles in quickly with them all!! Judging so far i don't think the kid will have any problem with that!! :)

• Like 1

can't remember the last player with carles ability at the club.it's nice seeing a player with vision and movement.

Seriously? Not knocking anything you say but we always used to have creative players at the club... Carbone, Yorke, Merson, Ginola, Nilis, etc. We just haven't had one in the last few years and it is good to see someone with Gil's ability here. Long may it continue 

Seriously? Not knocking anything you say but we always used to have creative players at the club... Carbone, Yorke, Merson, Ginola, Nilis, etc. We just haven't had one in the last few years and it is good to see someone with Gil's ability here. Long may it continue

Solano, Young, Downing.

Not being funny but the lad has played 30 minutes of football. A fantastic 30 minutes it was, but let's calm it down a little eh.

Â