Carles Gil

bose

Something I didn't see on his debut due to only playing half an hour was his willingness to attempt a tackle, come deep to collect the ball when the defence had no options and the mindset of staying on his feet if possible. A lot of wingers with a quick turn look to win freekicks but I love it when a player will stay up because he feels he can do more damage.

I'd be asking Sanchez if anyone else from elche fc fancies a game !!!!

The beast can bollox gil on me shirt now

Mention to weimann aswell fair play pal today n I'm no your biggest fan ever I'd keep him up top from now on

Elche are pretty crap at the moment and Gil did come from Valencia... I'd be asking Gil if there are any more like him at Valencia who can't get a game. 

He was under Valencia's ownership and unlikely to win a regular place in their side, but saying he came from Valencia is like giving Chelsea the credit for developing Courtois. I'm sure it's merely coincidental that two of Elche's side from last season and now in the Villa team.

I am not kidding when I say that the direct replacement for Carles is actually a more effective player. There are loads of players around in Spain plying or learning their trade in lesser clubs and scouts ought to know who they are - but it depends on being the right fit and, like all signings, there's more luck involved than people are willing to give credit for.

Elche are pretty crap at the moment and Gil did come from Valencia... I'd be asking Gil if there are any more like him at Valencia who can't get a game. 

He was under Valencia's ownership and unlikely to win a regular place in their side, but saying he came from Valencia is like giving Chelsea the credit for developing Courtois. I'm sure it's merely coincidental that two of Elche's side from last season and now in the Villa team.

I am not kidding when I say that the direct replacement for Carles is actually a more effective player. There are loads of players around in Spain plying or learning their trade in lesser clubs and scouts ought to know who they are - but it depends on being the right fit and, like all signings, there's more luck involved than people are willing to give credit for.

He came from Valencia's academy though didn't he?

Absolutely, but my point is that if he hadn't spent the last two seasons in the first team at Elche, you'd never have heard of him.  For all the b/s about scouting, half a dozen Copa del Rey appearances wouldn't have given anyone the confidence to suggest he could definitely play at a high level.

Who is his replacement? How much Valencia want for him?

Absolutely, but my point is that if he hadn't spent the last two seasons in the first team at Elche, you'd never have heard of him.  For all the b/s about scouting, half a dozen Copa del Rey appearances wouldn't have given anyone the confidence to suggest he could definitely play at a high level.

Thats fair enough, but my point was that we signed him from Valencia not Elche and from what I've seen of them this season there isn't a lot there that would improve our squad, but Valencia probably have a number of squad players that could enhance our squad, not that we will get them of course. 

Â