Carles Gil

bose

Seemed to move further out wide in the second half, and looked even more effective (probably as he became less reliant on the others actually having to move when off the ball).

Seems to bring out the best in Andi, and will be interesting to see them two and Delph play together.

Were do people see him long run?

Is he a wide player like he seemed to be second half or is he an attacking central midfield player like he seemed to play when he came on against liverpool?

Give him a free role and let him do whatever the hell he wants :D

• Like 1

Ridiculous goal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; when Lambert gets a bit of money to spend on a player, he gets it right. He might be a dreadful tactician but he knows how to find good players.

It would be interesting to know the set up we have in this regards.  Will we be able to continue to sign these types of players once lambert has left? I'd hope we have the kind of set up now that won't see ridiculous changes in players we look to sign every time a new manager comes in.

That's exactly what we need. I read an article recently on the setup Southampton have and we need something like that. They have a very clear vision on how they want things done and the team play's football a certain way, with the right players and the manager has to be right for what they want.

For those who are interested.

• Like 1

Is he a wide player like he seemed to be second half or is he an attacking central midfield player like he seemed to play when he came on against liverpool?

Definitely out wide for me, cutting in and causing problems.

Ridiculous goal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again; when Lambert gets a bit of money to spend on a player, he gets it right. He might be a dreadful tactician but he knows how to find good players.

We should just get a new manager and retain Lambert as a scout.

• Like 1

I'm thinking 

Sanchez

Gil           Weimann

Delph

Ridiculous goal.

It would be interesting to know the set up we have in this regards.  Will we be able to continue to sign these types of players once lambert has left? I'd hope we have the kind of set up now that won't see ridiculous changes in players we look to sign every time a new manager comes in.

That's exactly what we need. I read an article recently on the setup Southampton have and we need something like that. They have a very clear vision on how they want things done and the team play's football a certain way, with the right players and the manager has to be right for what they want.

For those who are interested.

It does seem that we're hiring people behind the scenes to make sure this is the kind of thing that's happening.

With FFP rules we need to make sure we don't waste lots of money on poor signings.  Going from big money players that houllier wanted to big money players that mcleish wanted was an idiotic way to try and deal with the financial mess caused under MON.

I'm thinking 

Sanchez

Gil           Weimann

Delph

I'd hate that.

I really think we need width.

Either with Gill as one of the wide players or wingers and Gill as the AM.

As I mentioned before he is very used to playing on the right, he played there in 75% of his games for Elche.

Having watched the game (remember, I'm not a Villa fan), it was noticeable that he was shifted to the right at half time. This isn't a bad option, it's one that Barcelona have convinced Messi to adopt in the last couple of weeks to great effect. The comparison's a bit daft but the principle is the same, there's a lot more space out there for a creative player to work in than in the congested centre.

It worked well today, but it won't work all the time though, better defences will just force him back into the centre unless others are making great runs in support. Is that likely?

Edited by gordoncharles

Â