Carles Gil

bose

31 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Due to no one being on his wave length 75% of the time.

I believe his talent was being held back with the likes of Veretout.. Westwood.. etc.

If he ain't getting service and support.. how is he supposed to develop around shit?

He may be very good in a side with better players. Who knows. I'd have thought that a better side would have noticed that though and took him off our hands. As it is he has gone on loan to Deportivo who struggled last season and has started twice for them and they are again struggling.

He is not 24 for another couple of weeks so may yet develop but for me he is too lightweight and doesn't have a turn of pace to make up for it which means he gets bullied off the ball too easily. No doubting he is skilful though and I'd imagine he looks great in training but for three seasons now at Valencia, for us, and now Deportivo he has struggled to get regular game time.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think there's pretty strict rules in place that make it not within their right. I think it's ridiculous to say he's well within his right to look for offers elsewhere. Until the club grant him permission he is paid and under contract for Aston villa football club. I'd love to see the reaction if Richards or Bacuna had their agents make similar comments. 

I've addressed it many times, the phrase clearly shows he wasn't go to play for us. Like I said, if I told my boss my intention was not to come into work next week, or told my bank my intention was to stop paying my mortgage, it's pretty clear how that would be taken.

You've defended it because for some reason you have a soft spot for him but it's an absolutely scum bag move. 

Football isn't the same as our average Joe jobs. You can be contracted to a club but still be willing to listen to offers from other clubs, especially if you are so inclined to do so. It has nothing to do with a soft spot, I don't like what he did (or what his agent did) but I'm not going to act like he just completely refused to play for us.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one in the squad who didn't want to play in the Championship...he's just one of the only ones whose agents made it public and left a sour taste in the mouths of us fans. But let's not get carried away and ascribe to him some things he obviously didn't do.

Funny thing is, when I think of Gil, the most memorable thing from his time here didn't occur on the pitch. It was the video of the fans abusing the players while getting on the bus after the Wycombe away game last season. Everyone hung shit on Bacuna and Richards when they came out, but when Gil came out, everyone cheered. He had this look on his face, as if he was asking " What have I done?".

This pretty much was my thought. If this is what I think when I when I think of Carles Gil, what exactly has he done?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Football isn't the same as our average Joe jobs. You can be contracted to a club but still be willing to listen to offers from other clubs, especially if you are so inclined to do so. It has nothing to do with a soft spot, I don't like what he did (or what his agent did) but I'm not going to act like he just completely refused to play for us.

I'm sure he wasn't the only one in the squad who didn't want to play in the Championship...he's just one of the only ones whose agents made it public and left a sour taste in the mouths of us fans. But let's not get carried away and ascribe to him some things he obviously didn't do.

Well you seem to be changing your tune. Originally you said he was well within his right to seek other offers and now you've changed to it's ok to listen to offers from other clubs. But neither are actually ok without the permission of the club he's contracted to. He's not well within his rights to do either. 

And I'm sure he wasn't the only one who wanted to leave, but as you say others had more class and showed more respect to the club paying their wages. 

• 3 weeks later...

Gil with an assist today for Depor against Malaga

Edit: As stated above, playing really well. Great movement and causing real problems for Malaga

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, sne said:

Gil with an assist today for Depor against Malaga

Edit: As stated above, playing really well. Great movement and causing real problems for Malaga

Good. Let's hope they take the option of buying him. Think that would be win-win-win.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did some checking on him.. he has recovered from injuries lately.. and as above against Malaga got an assist. Started today as Depor crushed Real Socieadad 5-1. He was really really good according to Depor fans who insist he must start every game if fit. 

Good to see him getting some confidence. Would have loved to have in the Championship. 

Jedinak Sanchez

Gil 

midfield three of that > anything we currently play. Sad thing is we own those players. Add Veretout to that list. You can see even with the likes of Bacuna Hutton etc all playing better under Bruce as he is a proper manager. Would have loved to see how they all went with Bruce. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

Reminder - 

Gil didnt want to play for us in Ch

Vertoute didnt want to play for us in any league

Sanchez was shit for us

Gil too lightweight

Vertoute drifted out of games

Sanchez had a mistake in him every game

So did Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Clark, Cissokho, Richardson & Westwood

Imagine this line-up in Ch

Guzan

Hutton Richards Lescott Cissokho

Westwood Sanchez Vertoute Richardson

Gil Sinclair/Gaby

Hello L1

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Guzan

Gil Sinclair/Gaby

Hello L1

Its amazing thinking that this is what we watched for a whole season :(

43 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Reminder - 

Gil didnt want to play for us in Ch

Vertoute didnt want to play for us in any league

Sanchez was shit for us

Gil too lightweight

Vertoute drifted out of games

Sanchez had a mistake in him every game

So did Guzan, Hutton, Richards, Lescott, Clark, Cissokho, Richardson & Westwood

Guzan

Gil Sinclair/Gaby

Hello L1

You have to also remember they played under shocking managers too... 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

You have to also remember they played under shocking managers too... 

Yep.. I think last season of Bruce had our squad we wouldnt have been relegated.. or not that easily anyway. Too many inexperienced managers. most didn't know how to set up the team. 

Sanchez is awesome everywhere he goes except at villa. Clearly something wrong last season. Also we are in the championship now so a step down in quality. Ah well not to be.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, KSV said:

Yep.. I think last season of Bruce had our squad we wouldnt have been relegated.. or not that easily anyway. Too many inexperienced managers. most didn't know how to set up the team. 

Sanchez is awesome everywhere he goes except at villa. Clearly something wrong last season. Also we are in the championship now so a step down in quality. Ah well not to be.

Yup and lets not forget that at current Westwood and Gardner are playing. Westwood was in the shocking team last season, Gardner couldn't even get in that shocking team!!! 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, KSV said:

Did some checking on him.. he has recovered from injuries lately.. and as above against Malaga got an assist. Started today as Depor crushed Real Socieadad 5-1. He was really really good according to Depor fans who insist he must start every game if fit. 

I think we have heard this before and it turned out so well ;)

Yes I watched the game and he was lively so would imagine he'll get a run of starts for them.

He still flatters to deceive though...it was like that with us, some decent sub appearances and then we'd start him and he'd be as poor as the rest of them.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Yes I watched the game and he was lively so would imagine he'll get a run of starts for them.

He still flatters to deceive though...it was like that with us, some decent sub appearances and then we'd start him and he'd be as poor as the rest of them.

He couldn't do much with our worst ever squad? Grealish looked even worse last season. Bacuna Baker Hutton etc all look better under a proper manager. 

Â