Carles Gil

bose

I always wanted to see him and Grealish in a Christmas tree formation with two wing backs pushing forward and overlapping. Something like:

-------------- Kodjia ----------------

------------ Gil --- Grealish --------

----- New -- Jedinak -- Tshibola --

Amavi -- Baker -- Chester -- Bacuna

--------------- Goliini ---------------

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

That is a shite looking team set up. Who was the manager for this one...

Its not just the setup. Players that Gil and even Veretout had to play with. Amazing. A fat Gabby Agbonlahor upfront. 

20 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

If he came back we'd have him Ayew, McCormack, Grealish and Admomah all not quite delivering very much very often!

Because our side is missing a midfield link player like GIl. He would get the ball from midfield and find a forward pass. No other midfielder we have is capable of this. Not even Grealish. His passing is horrendous. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KSV said:

Because our side is missing a midfield link player like GIl. He would get the ball from midfield and find a forward pass. No other midfielder we have is capable of this. Not even Grealish. His passing is horrendous. 

i see him and Grealish being pretty similar to be honest

29 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

i see him and Grealish being pretty similar to be honest

I see what you mean.. both creative in their own ways.. but i think they are pretty different. That Leicester game proved how having both in the side would be beneficiary. Fully confident before the shit hit the fan... they were on fire that day. Gil has better movement.. always looking for the ball.. and has a good passing game.. Grealish is a better dribbler and has more guile..can ride challenges Together they would add creativity.. skill movement etc. Have those two behind Kodjia. Jedinak and McCarthy in midfield. 

Edited by KSV

5 hours ago, KSV said:

I see what you mean.. both creative in their own ways.. but i think they are pretty different. That Leicester game proved how having both in the side would be beneficiary. Fully confident before the shit hit the fan... they were on fire that day. Gil has better movement.. always looking for the ball.. and has a good passing game.. Grealish is a better dribbler and has more guile..can ride challenges Together they would add creativity.. skill movement etc. Have those two behind Kodjia. Jedinak and McCarthy in midfield. 

One of the slightly silver linings about going down was that Jack and Gil would tear this league a new one playing off each other. Disappointed we never got to see it apart from those cup games where they dominated.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gil is a shocking plaur. most overhyped player to play for the club in years, offers nothing except a spanish name

Creative spark, dribbling ability, great first touch, I think he's a brilliant footballer who I'd welcome back with open arms

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Gil is a shocking plaur. most overhyped player to play for the club in years, offers nothing except a spanish name

Barely played over 20 games. Hardly got time to settle.. and he came at the worst time when our team was utter garbage managed by absolute buffoons. Deserved another go like the rest of the flops from last year. Especially that numpty we have as a forward. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

This player that some still look up to did not want to play for your club. Did not want to help get us back up after doing nothing to help save us. He wanted no part of what we are trying to achieve under our new owner. 

I don't get why anyone continues to wish he was still with us. 

Oh noes, people with differing opinions to yours!!112

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Oh noes, people with differing opinions to yours!!112

Well yes, it's what keeps me coming back. 

I was sharing my opinion in response to those different opinions, I believe that's how sites like this work.

• Like 1

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 21:35, DCJonah said:

This player that some still look up to did not want to play for your club. Did not want to help get us back up after doing nothing to help save us. He wanted no part of what we are trying to achieve under our new owner. 

I don't get why anyone continues to wish he was still with us. 

I dont agree with you often DC, but this point is spot on. To all the Gil fans,

HE DIDNT WANT TO PLAY FOR US..... HE WANTED TO LEAVE.... HE IS PLAYING FOR ANOTHER CLUB.

Its like still pining after your ex even after they get married and have kids. 

• Like 1

Â