Carles Gil

bose

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think at least half the squad would be on the first plane if they got a chance to play for a club like Deportivo

Like I said I disagree.... but glad we're clear that we have differing opinions

Light weight. Physique of a small child, British football is played by warriors nowadays not mummys boys looking for protection from the referee. He has a talent but only useful in a playground or Spain where you get loads of time and space (awaits onslaught). 

Its a real shame, good luck to him though, I hope he makes it.

23 minutes ago, KSV said:

Ahh that old chest nut. Hourihane who is leading the league with assists from midfield and has 4 goals is 62 and Gil is 66. Got nothing to do with it. But yeah lets go with his physicality. Nothing to do with the drongos he had to play with. I am amazed he gets so much stick.. Grealish was even worse last season. I guess as a 'local lad' all is forgiven. Asking for a move is a crime.. yet 'ohh hes just pissed having fun is ok'. 

Double standards on here when people want it to suit their arguments. 

....but not from me KSV.

I liked him, if you have the time check out my previous posts on him. I agree that he was in a team of rubbish, but he didn't contribute either. 

I very much doubt even Arsenal could find a space for him. Truth is in the UK you need to couple that delicate talent with a physicality, and not many do. He was poor last season, I watched him a lot and other than against Leicester, he just didn't offer enough. As I said above, a real pity.

54 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Like I said I disagree.... but glad we're clear that we have differing opinions

Then you've a lot more faith in our players than I have.

If a Premier League team came in for our players I bet most of them would be off

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

in fairness evil Tim used to bully him by not changing a winning team to start him even though he was powderpuff

Tim, winning team? I do not recall to that... 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Then you've a lot more faith in our players than I have.

If a Premier League team came in for our players I bet most of them would be off

Premier league is a lot different to mediocre la liga team.....

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Premier league is a lot different to mediocre la liga team.....

Not really. Gil is Spanish. I used premier league because a lot of our players are English so it's a comparison. It might not be exact but it's close enough.

Imo if a top flight team from a top European league came calling then most of our lot would be off. That's football.

10 hours ago, KSV said:

Ahh that old chest nut. Hourihane who is leading the league with assists from midfield and has 4 goals is 62 and Gil is 66. Got nothing to do with it. But yeah lets go with his physicality. Nothing to do with the drongos he had to play with. I am amazed he gets so much stick.. Grealish was even worse last season. I guess as a 'local lad' all is forgiven. Asking for a move is a crime.. yet 'ohh hes just pissed having fun is ok'. 

Double standards on here when people want it to suit their arguments. 

62 and 66?! Please don't tell me this is their Fifa ratings or something like that??

• Like 4

11 hours ago, thunderball said:

Light weight. Physique of a small child...

You're joking, right? What utter tosh.

British football is played by warriors nowadays not mummys boys looking for protection from the referee.

Okay, now I know you're definitely pulling our legs.

He has a talent but only useful in a playground or Spain where you get loads of time and space (awaits onslaught). 

Or in a team that has other players to protect you and provide you with time and space to utilise your skill.

He's not what we need right now, but if we got a couple of better and more physical midfielders, Gil would be a great option for us. He did more for us last season than Grealish so I'm not sure why he gets praise heaped on him whereas Gil is slated. The daftness of football fans I guess.

Edited by Ginko

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Not really. Gil is Spanish. I used premier league because a lot of our players are English so it's a comparison. It might not be exact but it's close enough.

Imo if a top flight team from a top European league came calling then most of our lot would be off. That's football.

Well that's not a problem. It's how players go about the move that leaves a sour taste. See the difference in how benteke and Delph are viewed. 

Gill acted in a complete scumbag way during the summer. And yet fans of the club be massively disrespected still long for his return.

Just now, DCJonah said:

Well that's not a problem. It's how players go about the move that leaves a sour taste. See the difference in how benteke and Delph are viewed. 

Gill acted in a complete scumbag way during the summer. And yet fans of the club be massively disrespected still long for his return.

A scumbag, really? How did he act and how do we know this, exactly?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Gil's agent: "“His intention is not to play in the Championship and look for teams in the Premier League and La Liga."

Not the most tactful thing to say but second hand scumbag, really?

Yes. 

Getting that out in public is a complete scumbag move. You move if and when the club allow you to move. Until that point you should be committed to the team. 

He made it clear right away he had no intention of being part of this team. 

Imagine Gabby's or Bacuna's agent had made that comment. They'd be crucified. But the poor mistreated Gill, not a problem. 

2 hours ago, Ginko said:

He's not what we need right now, but if we got a couple of better and more physical midfielders, Gil would be a great option for us. He did more for us last season than Grealish so I'm not sure why he gets praise heaped on him whereas Gil is slated. The daftness of football fans I guess.

I can't say I've seen people heaping praise on Grealish for last season. Grealish played a big part in keeping us up the year before and has been a bright spot this season. Gil had little input in us staying up and wasn't particularly good last season, then decided he was too good for us.

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

I can't say I've seen people heaping praise on Grealish for last season. Grealish played a big part in keeping us up the year before and has been a bright spot this season. Gil had little input in us staying up and wasn't particularly good last season, then decided he was too good for us.

He never really had the chance to have any input in us staying up, can't really fault him for that. He felt that he was good enough to not stay at a second division team, especially one that wasn't giving him much opportunity to play anyway, and I don't begrudge him for that. He's not doing too bad at the moment in the Spanish top flight and he's playing pretty regularly now so it looks like it was the right choice for him.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He never really had the chance to have any input in us staying up, can't really fault him for that. He felt that he was good enough to not stay at a second division team, especially one that wasn't giving him much opportunity to play anyway, and I don't begrudge him for that. He's not doing too bad at the moment in the Spanish top flight and he's playing pretty regularly now so it looks like it was the right choice for him.

I don't think we've ever begrudged any player the opportunity to move to better things. It's how it's done that reflects badly on players. 

As I mentioned earlier, look at how Delph and Benteke were both viewed after leaving for bigger and better things. Look at the way Barry was treated after his failed attempt to move to Liverpool and the reception milner got in his last game. 

Â