Carles Gil

bose

Paul Lambert on Gil's 1st training session

'It was his first day. He trained and had some lovely touches on the ball. He passed it sideways to Cleverly 14 times and sideways to Ash 17 times. If he can keep that up he'll be some player. 

He's exciting occasionally but we'll soon train that out of him. 

When you see him on the ball you think something is going to happen. then he passes it sideways and I jizz my pants. 

I had a chat with him after training and he's in good spirits. I'll introduce him to Benteke soon but for now he doesn't need to know who the strikers are. 

We'll see how he is on Friday but he'll be in the squad for the game. I'll probably bring him on for Benteke towards the end if we're 2-0 down to try and protect the 2-0 defeat.' 

• Like 1

Yes he's very good. To be fair theres a few squad players in la liga we could sign and would do a better job than some of the more expensive English players. 

Gil, Sanchez - have Elche got any more like them?

Valencia really Gil. Vietto and cheryshev are briliant players for Villa Real but we won't get them of course. 

Don't worry guys. Now Lambert knows where he plays best he'll be swiftly moved into left back or something so that he can keep that vital cog of ours old "westy" at the heart and soul of our midfield and all things villa.

• Like 1

Â